Friday, November 11, 2005

Furbabies


Those of us who are infertile come across a term fairly early in our exploration of infertility websites: "furbaby." A furbaby is a pet substituting for a human child.

I think it's hilarious, no offense to those who take it seriously, but Jeff and I have taken to calling our cats the furbabies. We have joked about dressing them up in baby clothes and wheeling them around the neighborhood in a baby carriage. Infertile humor.

So, here are the furbabies. Caesar, aka Fang Boy. He's a very sweet cat, but you wouldn't know it from this photo. And Charlie, the sensitive one (notice the hair missing from his leg, he's a nervous groomer, but it's all grown back now) perched atop his pot 'o catnip.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, Caesar's cute yet a little scary in that picture. Charlie's quite a handsome fellow, too. (I clicked through on your Flickr pictures.) Thanks for sharing the pics of your furballs.

4:22 PM, November 11, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, more cat pictures! Oh, maybe I'll check out flickr.

5:24 PM, November 11, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Erica, I read your posts over at IVFC alot. Not only are you hilarious, I love your insights and wisdom. You've often cheered me up and brought a chuckle to my day when I've felt shittier than I ever knew possible. So thanks!

I'm so excited for you about your upcoming adoptions!! You sound very happy. And even though you were one of the funniest bitter women I've ever met and I'll miss you, I'm so happy that you've got your kids coming soon. I'm sure you will also be a very funny mom soon too, so I'll have to stick around.

Cheers!

Lisa L

1:54 PM, November 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home