Thursday, October 12, 2006

A quick lunch-y time post

Hello, internets! Sorry for the lack of posting lately, we had an unfortunate sewage incident in the basement, and before that, our computer broke. I couldn't upload pictures until yesterday.

So, the basement is slowly being cleaned, but we may need new carpeting. Sigh. The stupid former homeowner(s) carpeted over an open drain in the floor, where the old washer/dryer used to be! Nobody bothered to tell us, so when we had a maindrain backup this weekend, our finished basement flooded (usually only the unfinished basement with another floor drain floods, and with concrete floor this isn't so tragic). But, now we've got 2 rooms with smelly, smelly carpets. Plumbers charged us $600 to unclog the main drain, I hope we don't have a tree-root problem that will cause future disasters.

Anyway, tot news: Carter is really crawling forward now! He's so proud of himself, and we are so happy he can really get around now. And, he's popping out FOUR top teeth at once, which is making him an unhappy camper. AND, he suddenly started babbling this weekend, it is so great to hear him say "DadadaDAADAAAAA" at last! So much for me hoping he'd say "Mama" first.

Cassandra is really walking well now, and I have to get her more shoes. Those little soft leather jobbies are great for indoors and dry pavement, but for cold and wet weather, we'll need something more substantial - any tips on what I should look for? Do I have to take her to have her feet measured?

Dad is doing pretty well, he's just finished all of his pre-op tests at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in NYC. He meets with the surgeon on Monday and though I want to be there, I'd better save up my vacation time for when he has the surgery. I hope the initial diagnoses (stage 2) was correct, if so, he may be able to go right to surgery, but if there is any lymph node involvement, he will likely need some chemo before surgery.

Here are some pictures from the last few days. Later!


Sunday, October 8, 2006


Monday, October 9, 2006


Wednesday, October 11, 2006

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I printed the stroller pic and it's going on my fridge! Too cute!!

12:45 PM, October 12, 2006  
Blogger Barb said...

Cute as can be! We just took Carlton to Stide Rite for his first pair of "real" shoes. They measured his feet and hooked us up!

10:28 PM, October 12, 2006  
Blogger Laura F. said...

I agree with Barb. Go to Stride Rite for the shoes. They'll measure her feet correctly and you can get some great shoes. That's where we got Grayson's. Of course since his feet were an Extra Wide, we were limited in the shoes we could buy, but I doubt you'll have that problem!! :-)

8:27 AM, October 13, 2006  
Blogger Angel said...

They have gotten SO BIG!!!!!! What cuties. :0) Angel

10:06 PM, October 13, 2006  
Blogger Debbi said...

uh oh. they're mobile now! BUH BYE erica -- you'll be doing nothing but chasing around toddlers now :-)

Glad your dad is hanging in there. Take care of yourself -- he needs you.

12:36 PM, October 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

De-lurking to say: I love your blog! I love looking at all the great pictures. My husband and I are adopting from Guatemala and are in the waiting stage, so I also feel some jealousy! I can't wait to see my little boy!

3:20 PM, October 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They look so cute together in their stroller!

4:06 PM, October 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what will you do for Carter WRT waterproof winter bootie type things? O's not really walk-walking yet, so I'm reluctant to put him in real shoes...but the nanny is worries he's getting wet feet...
nycreb

10:00 AM, October 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Erica: While stride rite shoes are great they are also very $$$$$. I bought Megan sneakers at Payless ant they fit her well, she also has wide chunky feet, try them on while you're there...they out grow them so fast...
gab

8:28 PM, October 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow they have really grown!!
They are just absolutely precious!!!

2:11 PM, October 20, 2006  
Blogger Tricia said...

I just found your blog from Holly & Gia & I love it!

I am on the other end of the spectrum. I've been waiting 6 weeks for a referral for a baby from Guatemala and I am hoping to get the news any day now!

Feel free to check out my blog!

-Tricia
http://ourguatemalanbaby.blogspot.com/

10:48 AM, October 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home