Tuesday, August 29, 2006

What a great trip to NY!

Cassie and Carter were so good! Better than we dared to hope. They slept most of the way up, and although it took 2 hours to get them back to sleep at my parents' house, it was completely understandable. They slept late the next morning, and we had our first visit with GraNana late morning. She was so happy to meet them! She's in a lot of pain, she has a leg wound that will not heal, but through her pain, she cooed and smiled and fussed over them. She was really proud that the nursing home staffers finally got to meet the tots in person, after looking at their pictures for so long.

We had a 2nd visit the next day, and also visited with my sister and her husband, their two beautiful girls, my other sister, my brother, and of course, the parental units. It was short, but very sweet. And now I think we're not so scared to do trips, yay!

Now for the unfortunate news (not for the faint of heart - don't read if you are sensitive), GraNana had a dr. appointment on Monday and she told the doctor she cannot take the pain any longer, and wants the leg amputated. The Dr. agreed, and scheduled her for surgery for THIS FRIDAY, her 95th birthday. I know this should take the pain away, but I am worried for her. I hope she weathers the surgery okay, and recovers quickly.

*******************************************************************

And now for some GREAT news - Carla's DAUGHTER is out of PGN! She's coming home! I'm so happy for Carla and Chris, I can't imagine how we could have handled it if our adoptions took NINE MONTHS to complete. Unbelievable.

Now for the pictures:

Friday, August 25, 2006


Saturday, August 26, 2006


Sunday, August 27, 2006

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the SHOUT OUT ;)
and I love the pictures.

we WILL meet up in the united states (where Im fron :)) and let the 3 of them ROMP!!

Carla

11:00 AM, August 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pray all goes well with your grandmother's surgery. The tots are so darn cute and glad you got to enjoy your trip.

6:24 AM, August 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE all the pictures!
I hope your grandma is doing ok.

1:33 PM, September 01, 2006  
Blogger Laura F. said...

I just love the pictures with your Grandmother. How sweet!!!

8:38 AM, September 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home