Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Tom Petty really knows what he's talking about

If there is one song that sums up my infertility career, it's got to be "The Waiting."

The waiting is the hardest part
Every day you see one more card
You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
The waiting is the hardest part

Oh yeah. I'm not all that patient to begin with, but infertility is a series of waiting periods. And then adoption is a series of waiting periods. And did I tell you that I'm not all that patient?

No news, except for a return message from my agency, which said: "We have never had anyone wait longer than two weeks for a referral." Paperwork was finished Thursday, November 17th, and tomorrow will be one week. OK, halfway through the "two week wait," a phrase anyone who's gone through infertility treatments is well acquainted with.

Anyway, Charlie's back on the meds again. Jeff and I thought we could smell cat peepee last night, and though we couldn't pinpoint the hotspot, that was enough to make us go back to the meds. Maybe a few weeks of treatment and we'll try taking him off them again.

Hmmm, what else can I distract myself with? Some cyber infertile friends are supposed to be playing scrabble with me, but I have yet to be notified it's my turn. Not sure that's going to keep me occupied. Thanksgiving should be nice, I don't have to cook at all (thanks, W!) and maybe we'll have a nice karaoke competition to get me laughing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kimmer said...

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Erica and your wait is very short.

10:34 AM, November 24, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great day E and the rest of the wait flies by. Bundle up Satan, I know - I'm still looking for that funny for you.

8:54 AM, November 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home