Sunday, October 29, 2006

It's getting harder to blog! (fixed the pictures, hopefully)

(the picture links below weren't working - thanks Leslie for pointing that out - so hopefully they work now!)

I'm so lazy/busy lately and it's getting harder for me to keep up with the blog! The tots were each waking up once a night for a long time, and I've been so tired. The last few nights, they both slept through, I hope this is the NEW and PERMANENT trend!

Let's see... since the last post, the tots went to their first birthday party (10/15). Happy Birthday, Owen! We had such a nice time, and there were lots of kids there. The weather was still warm, and everyone played in the backyard, and Kimora and Jim cooked delicious burgers & dogs. Owen is a major cutie, and was so cute looking at his cake.

On October 21st, we went to a fall festival at a nearby farm, to meet up with other members of the Northern Virginia Guatemalan Adoption Families' Association. The tots were almost the youngest kids there, and it's fun to see the older toddlers interact with each other. The farm was cool, but the tots were a bit young to take advantage of hayrides, slides, etc. Next year will be really fun!

On October 22nd, we had a little gathering at our house for some neighborhood friends (that was postponed in the summer when the tots came down with hand, foot, and mouth disease). There was a 4-year old, an almost 2-year old, and a 7-month old, with their parents. We all had a great time.

Today, Grayson and his mama came for a play date! We were sad that our friend L and her son J couldn't make it - L, I hope J is feeling better soon (he has a bad case of GERD, reflux disorder). Cassandra and Carter were both intrigued with the taller Grayson, and Cassie has definitely met her match. She usually takes toys away from Carter and whacks him on the head, but Grayson held his own against Cassie and she was shocked. Shocked! Hehehe. It brings the old Rolling Stones song to mind: "You Can't Always Get What You Want," hey, Cassie?

Carter is pulling himself up to standing, hooray! Jeff had to finally lower Carter's crib mattress to the lowest setting. It's nice that he can escape his sister when she's whacking him on the head.

In non-tot news, I had to get an corticosteroid (I think that's what it's called) injection in my wrist, to lessen the pain I've had since April due to DeQuervain's tendinitis. It feels so much better now! Hope that was the cure, but I suspect it won't totally go away until the tots don't need to be picked up so often. Jeff hurt his shoulder/back. He's been unable to lift the tots too much so mom's picking up the slack. Get that shoulder fixed soon, Dada!

And my Dad will be starting treatment for his cancer on November 6th. Two weeks of chemo and 3 weeks of radiation. Go Dad, you can kick "The Beast" out! (The Beast is the nickname given to esophageal cancer). He'll be treated at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in NYC. Surgery may or may not be needed, they'll have to see what happens after the chemo/radiation.

Until the next post, adios!

Friday, October 13, 2006


Saturday, October 14, 2006


Sunday, October 15, 2006


Thursday, October 19, 2006


Saturday, October 21, 2006


Monday, October 23, 2006


Friday, October 27, 2006


Saturday, October 28, 2006


Sunday, October 29, 2006


Monday, October 30, 2006


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

think of you 4 all the time...thanks for the update!

ya'll sound busy but--for the most part...your poor wrist!-- haaaaaaapy.

Carla

6:13 AM, October 31, 2006  
Blogger Leslie said...

Hope things go well for your father. He is going to have the best care in the country.

I can't figure how to make the little photos bigger. Am I just stupid?

Sounds like you guys have been having lots of fun!

7:11 PM, October 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures. Carter's face is changing so much from the last time you posted. He's starting to look like a little boy.

Hope your dad makes a full recovery!

11:27 AM, November 01, 2006  
Blogger beagle said...

Your kids are sweet! I have been part of teh infertility blog community for a while and now I am expanding my reading as I take a few tentative steps down adoption lane.

Glad to have found your blog!

Sorry to hear about your dad, hope he does well with the treatments.

5:56 PM, November 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erica,

They are both gorgeous and are sporting some pretty rocking clothes to boot! I can't believe how big C&C have got. I hope you all have a very wonderful holiday season!

Zil

11:59 PM, November 09, 2006  
Blogger Laura F. said...

Okay, so I know I'm way late in posting, but I'm glad to see someone else is having just as hard a time as I am at putting updates on the blog!

And Grayson had an awesome time with the tots as well. We should make it a regular occurance!!

6:53 PM, November 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home