Caesar is two-timing us!
When I called the kitties to come in this morning for their breakfast, Charlie came in, but Caesar was missing. He's done this before, but this morning it was COLD out there, man, and I was worried. I fed Charlie, and called Caesar over and over, but he didn't show. About 2 hours went by, and Jeff got more and more worried.
He called and called, and then finally, Caesar ran to him from Mrs. B's house! Mrs. B is a lovely elderly woman who lives two houses over. She broke her hip last year and had to go into a rehab hospital. Sadly, she couldn't find anyone to care for her cat when she was away (it's too bad we don't know each other better, as we could have fostered him if she'd asked us!) and had to give him away. I think she was away for about 6 months, and when she came back, she asked our other neighbor, Mr. W, if there were any cute, cuddly cats in the neighborhood that she could visit with.
Amazingly, a day later, Caesar began to visit her and shower her with his affection, which I have to tell you, is a pretty wonderful feeling. Mr. W told us that Caesar, while we're at work, visits Mrs. B and spends quality time with her each day! We have never had such an affectionate, generous cat in our lives. Between us, Jeff and I have probably been owned by more than 12 cats over our lifetimes, but none was quite as devoted to us as Caesar.
How did Caesar know that Mrs. B needed companionship so much? That she loved and missed her cat, and would love to be comforted by the most cuddly feline in the world? I don't mind that he's two-timing us with Mrs. B., and if he goes missing again, I'm going to assume that he's safe inside Mrs. B's house, sitting on her lap and looking up into her eyes as she croons loving words at him.
**********************************************************************************
We still don't have our pictures of the tots, but I think we're close. I talked to the agency yesterday, and the doctor who usually does the exams and reports and pictures is on vacation, and the substitute doctor isn't quite as efficient, but he's getting there. I really didn't think we'd wait this long, but here we are. It will be worth the wait, I know.
I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving, ours was quite lovely except for learning that my Nana (who is 94 and in a nursing home in NY) had a 104 degree fever. Her fever broke the next day, and I'll give a call up there today to see how she's doing. We'll visit with her when we go to my parents' house for Christmas, but I do feel guilty that I don't visit her more.
He called and called, and then finally, Caesar ran to him from Mrs. B's house! Mrs. B is a lovely elderly woman who lives two houses over. She broke her hip last year and had to go into a rehab hospital. Sadly, she couldn't find anyone to care for her cat when she was away (it's too bad we don't know each other better, as we could have fostered him if she'd asked us!) and had to give him away. I think she was away for about 6 months, and when she came back, she asked our other neighbor, Mr. W, if there were any cute, cuddly cats in the neighborhood that she could visit with.
Amazingly, a day later, Caesar began to visit her and shower her with his affection, which I have to tell you, is a pretty wonderful feeling. Mr. W told us that Caesar, while we're at work, visits Mrs. B and spends quality time with her each day! We have never had such an affectionate, generous cat in our lives. Between us, Jeff and I have probably been owned by more than 12 cats over our lifetimes, but none was quite as devoted to us as Caesar.
How did Caesar know that Mrs. B needed companionship so much? That she loved and missed her cat, and would love to be comforted by the most cuddly feline in the world? I don't mind that he's two-timing us with Mrs. B., and if he goes missing again, I'm going to assume that he's safe inside Mrs. B's house, sitting on her lap and looking up into her eyes as she croons loving words at him.
**********************************************************************************
We still don't have our pictures of the tots, but I think we're close. I talked to the agency yesterday, and the doctor who usually does the exams and reports and pictures is on vacation, and the substitute doctor isn't quite as efficient, but he's getting there. I really didn't think we'd wait this long, but here we are. It will be worth the wait, I know.
I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving, ours was quite lovely except for learning that my Nana (who is 94 and in a nursing home in NY) had a 104 degree fever. Her fever broke the next day, and I'll give a call up there today to see how she's doing. We'll visit with her when we go to my parents' house for Christmas, but I do feel guilty that I don't visit her more.
.jpg)



1 Comments:
My grandmother had a neighbor that over the years had many, many cats. Some how each of the cats knew to come to my grandparents house for a meal and an hour on her lap. To her they were all the same cat, she was in her 80s afterall, but they all came. Animals are amazing arent they?
Post a Comment
<< Home