Sunday, February 05, 2006

Night 2: Slightly easier than the first night!

Whew, these are two high-maintenance tots! But, we're learning their needs & likes, and getting better at caring for them.

I'm proud of Jeff for being the diaper change predictor, I tend to think they need burping or feeding, but Jeff has a knack. I'm the bottle meister, I'm kicking butt at cleaning, sterilizing, and making them, around the clock. It's tough because Cassandra has this strange nipple thing with 2 lines on the sides, and she won't try anything else, so there goes all the bottles I brought down with me, and the foster mom only gave me TWO bottles for the 3.5 days! Carter's foster mom gave us 5 bottles, and I did try my new bottles with him, but they are too hard for him to suck from, I guess I'd have to make the opening larger, and It's easier to just use his old ones.

We sent an angry e-mail to the dropshots people for not letting us upload the videos - and this is even after we subscribed to the deluxe version. Ah well.

I'm a bit scattered and sleep deprived, but when those tots smile at us (Cassandra is 9 days older, and therefore more smiley, and has better motor skills, etc.) it's all worth it! Here are a few more pictures:

Saturday, February 4, 2006
share video share video share video share video share video share video share video share video

10 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

Such a Beautiful Family!!! Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

9:22 AM, February 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NOW you know why I haven't showered in 7 years! The pictures are adorable and I even got the video to work-Granny and Grumpy are coming down later to see them. Say hi to Jeff, and we're looking forward to meeting our new cousins- love Samantha, Lindsay, k&g

11:10 AM, February 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful family!

2:37 PM, February 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful !!!!!!

We want more pictures!

;/ Kim

3:44 PM, February 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm slightly annoyed at the dropkick people too, but at least we get to see photos.

Hey - we got a nice update on your cats too - a bonus!

Hope you guys are having a great time, April = soon.

4:04 PM, February 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are so beautiful! On the high maintenance issue, I read a quote somewhere once, to the effect that "All babies are supreme egotists." Nothing in my own experience as a parent thus far has disproved that. But the upside is that for the little egotist in question, at least right now, you are the warm center of the universe, though that's a small consolation when you are dying for a pee and they won't let you put them down. With Love and Good thoughts,-Kim

8:56 PM, February 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you! It's great seeing the tots!

Love,
Lisa and Ashley

7:42 AM, February 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is all new to me !!!!!!

Gus

8:56 AM, February 06, 2006  
Blogger Kimmer said...

Erica,
The pictures are amazing. Your tots are complete dolls. Thanks for keeping us updated. Wishing you a safe trip home also.

12:46 PM, February 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erica -

Thanks for sharing these pictures. The babes are gorgeous and you and your DH look like the happiest new parents ever!
I can't wait for you to bring them home forever - what a beautiful day that will be!!!

Karen

1:46 PM, February 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home