Pre-Approval for Carter, YEAH!
Jeff and I went to happy hour after work (something he vowed to do once a week until the tots come home, after taking care of them that first night!) and I just had a feeling when we got home... so I checked my e-mail and there was the notice from Homeland Security/US Embassy that Carter has pre-approval! Cassandra's pre-approval was issued on January 4th, so I was a bit worried that Carter was so far behind, but then his DNA was done, and they entered Family Court together, and we are in GOOD SHAPE. What a relief!
We should now hear soon that we are finished in Family Court, that the judge issued a report that says we should be allowed to adopt the tots, and then we should enter the dreaded PGN, the last really big hurdle. There is no rhyme or reason for how long the cases will be in PGN. Could be 4 weeks. Could be 2. Could be two months, could be 10 days.
So the guess as to when they come home is still April-ish, I suppose, though we should be prepared in case we get extremely lucky and travel in late March. We got our cribs today, and Jeff is busy trying to put them together. Nursery will get painted weekend after next. The cat urine in the carpets and on the walls will be treated with enzymes in about 5-6 days, and then all carpets will get shampooed. Hopefully that will be the end of Charlie's naughty behavior; since we've stopped giving him the kitty quaaludes, he seems to have improved. Did I tell you that with a black-light, you can see all the spots where our darling feline has deposited his mark? Uh, yeah, I feel like CSI crime scene investigator, uncovering the horror of cat spray where we least expected it. The little bastard!
Here's a picture of us with the tots, I'm feeling nostalgic and miss them very much!
We should now hear soon that we are finished in Family Court, that the judge issued a report that says we should be allowed to adopt the tots, and then we should enter the dreaded PGN, the last really big hurdle. There is no rhyme or reason for how long the cases will be in PGN. Could be 4 weeks. Could be 2. Could be two months, could be 10 days.
So the guess as to when they come home is still April-ish, I suppose, though we should be prepared in case we get extremely lucky and travel in late March. We got our cribs today, and Jeff is busy trying to put them together. Nursery will get painted weekend after next. The cat urine in the carpets and on the walls will be treated with enzymes in about 5-6 days, and then all carpets will get shampooed. Hopefully that will be the end of Charlie's naughty behavior; since we've stopped giving him the kitty quaaludes, he seems to have improved. Did I tell you that with a black-light, you can see all the spots where our darling feline has deposited his mark? Uh, yeah, I feel like CSI crime scene investigator, uncovering the horror of cat spray where we least expected it. The little bastard!
Here's a picture of us with the tots, I'm feeling nostalgic and miss them very much!
.jpg)



16 Comments:
They'll be there before you know it. I hope you have people coming to help when they first get home, that first month is a real shock to the system.--Kim
Hooray!! That's great news, I have my fingers crossed you'll be on the fast track now!
That beautiful family pic makes me laugh - I can just imagine you all trying to set it up - it's hard enough with one bub!!
best wishes
Woo hoo! That's fantastic news. I can't believe they could be home as soon as March or April. That's just wonderful, Erica. And I love the family pic. Absolutely love it.
Wahoo - things are moving along! This is such great news. I bet you do miss them, how could you not?
So Charlie's doing better now? More good news - keep it coming.
Now on to the important stuff - where did you go and what did you drink?!
This is great! CSI is my favorite show!!! I can't wait to see pictures of Charlie
"investigating" the tots!!!
<;0 --- Gus
beautiful family. big smile.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dear "Slater":
I do not know who you are, and your comments are very strange, and though not abusive, they are sarcastic. If you'd like to continue to comment on my blog without me deleting your comments, please send me an e-mail and introduce yourself, and tell me why you're reading and commenting. Or feel free to leave a comment here to that effect. You do not offer an e-mail with your comments, so I cannot inquire privately with you.
My goal with this blog is to keep my family and friends, including my lovely internet friends, informed about our adoption progress... and also to hopefully give comfort and information to people considering Guatemala adoption, many of whom have had a very long, difficult infertility path. Hopefully I am not putting myself and my family out there for ridicule or abuse.
I know you are probably a wonderful person and will understand this request. Thank you.
I know Slater. We went to high school together. He can come off a little bit rough sometimes, but inside he's really a good guy.
Screech
Great picture Erica. Looks like Cass isn't in the best of moods. Girl, you've got major guts to have TWO TOTS at the SAME time! I admire you! Let's get the tots HOME!!
That's such a fun picture, I love it! It's like a little bit of chaos and a whole lotta love which is probably what you two are in for! Keep enjoying those happy hours (good idea by the way) and I just know the tots will be home with you soon!
family pic is AWESOME! The first of many. Erica once again thank you for letting us all share this experience with you guys xx
Great news on Carter. Just curious. What will stop Charlie from urinating on the carpet once it is all clean?????
Cass
GREAT NEWS!!!
On to PGN soon - I pray you get through fast.
And did you say late March?????? That's when we expect to go! Maybe we can meet up at the Marriott!!!!!!!!!! :)
Great news Erica,
Keep the updates coming.
Love the picture and I'm so excited for you.
Hello, my name is Mike Glenn. I hope you don't mind the intrusion, but I was referred to your site by one of my undergrads. I'm currently doing research into the phenomenon known colloquially as "twin ESP", contrasting the results achieved by biological twins raised together, biological twins raised apart, as well as non-biological "twins" (like yours) that are raised together. Obviously, this latter group is the one that has been the most difficult for us to find instances of.
Unfortunately, your "tots" are too young still to be participants, as we have no reliable way of measuring the responses of pre-verbal children, but with your permission, I may check back with this site periodically nonetheless as I am personally interested in the early bonding experiences of non-related "twins" as contrasted with that of genetic twins as well.
Just thought I'd introduce myself so you'd know who was lurking here. You have a beautiful family and I wish you much luck!
"Stinger"
Post a Comment
<< Home