YAWN.
Yep, still having to get up many times a night. And now with added migraines! Woohoo, we are having a time over here.
Happy belated Father's Day to Jeff, I wrangled the tots by myself in the morning to let him sleep in, then gave him several nap opportunities later in the day. I don't exactly recall Mother's Day going that way, but I did get dark chocolate covered pretzles. Then we went for the tots' first swim in the big pool, and even though the water was on the cool side, they enjoyed it.
In other news, they had bloodwork done Monday morning, and Cassie had a nice vein in her arm, no problem with the draw, and it was over in seconds. Carter wasn't so lucky. Our poor Golden Boy only yielded a bit from his arm vein, so the doctor tried to tap a vein in his scalp. Yes, his scalp. That didn't work, but it hurt him so much, I felt awful. Next they tried his foot, and they managed to get a teensy bit more, enough for the tests to be run. If I could have borne 1,000 times the pain for him, I would have done it. My poor baby. Thank god they don't remember that stuff! He was so brave, and even tried to smile after they finished. I gave him some white grape juice to soothe him, I wish I could have taken him for a hot fudge sundae.
OK, in between hundreds of appointments today (my dr. for tendinitis of the wrist - a tot-wrangling injury; both cats to the vet, my annual Gyn exam, etc.) I feel it is absolutely crucial that I get a nap. I'll leave you with some pictures.
Thursday, June 15, 2006
Saturday, June 17, 2006
Sunday, June 18, 2006
Happy belated Father's Day to Jeff, I wrangled the tots by myself in the morning to let him sleep in, then gave him several nap opportunities later in the day. I don't exactly recall Mother's Day going that way, but I did get dark chocolate covered pretzles. Then we went for the tots' first swim in the big pool, and even though the water was on the cool side, they enjoyed it.
In other news, they had bloodwork done Monday morning, and Cassie had a nice vein in her arm, no problem with the draw, and it was over in seconds. Carter wasn't so lucky. Our poor Golden Boy only yielded a bit from his arm vein, so the doctor tried to tap a vein in his scalp. Yes, his scalp. That didn't work, but it hurt him so much, I felt awful. Next they tried his foot, and they managed to get a teensy bit more, enough for the tests to be run. If I could have borne 1,000 times the pain for him, I would have done it. My poor baby. Thank god they don't remember that stuff! He was so brave, and even tried to smile after they finished. I gave him some white grape juice to soothe him, I wish I could have taken him for a hot fudge sundae.
OK, in between hundreds of appointments today (my dr. for tendinitis of the wrist - a tot-wrangling injury; both cats to the vet, my annual Gyn exam, etc.) I feel it is absolutely crucial that I get a nap. I'll leave you with some pictures.
Thursday, June 15, 2006
Saturday, June 17, 2006
Sunday, June 18, 2006
.jpg)



11 Comments:
WOW they are getting so big. LOVE seeing all the pics and reading their updates. Keep up the good work xxxx
I hope you are feeling better. Migraines-- Yuck!
Love the pics. Can't believe how much the tots have grown.
Cassie & Carter have gotten so big since I last checked them out! Love all the pics!
Great pictures! Thanks for sharing!! Hope those migraines go away soon.
thinking about you four often as Im fostering.
I dont know how you do it and so WELL.
Happy belated fathers day to jeff--
Carla
Such cute pictures...I love them! Sorry for the lack of sleep but you seem to be handling everything like a trooper!
They are so cute!!! Dominic had some blood-drawing issues too. It was so awful to watch him suffer!
I swear C&C are growing my leeps and bounds... Love reading the updates.
Poor golden boy, the thought of the needle to the head, poor little guy.
I always start out saying I am only going to take a few seconds, read your blog, and look at 2 or 3 pictures. Inevitably, I have been here for 20 minutes...and looked at every single beautiful picture. I can not get enough of those babies!! SO CUTE!!
Again, you amaze me! How DOES SHE DO IT??? Twins and the whole bit. MIGRAINES... so sorry. Thanks for keeping us updated. Angel
http://faithsjourney.spaces.msn.com/
I'm so sorry the tots still aren't sleeping through the night. Are you ready to go back to work full-time?? Ugh!! I'm thinking of you.
Post a Comment
<< Home