Friday, June 29, 2007

Hello. So tired, so very tired!

Ah, where to start? Dad's cancer came back, he found out after another endoscopy. It sucks the big one, my friends, but I know so many families go through this. Dad is being very stoic and brave. As he says, "I didn't expect to live forever, Erica." He turned 82 last Saturday, and I hope we have many more birthdays with him, somehow. He's going to hopefully have a form of radiation called "brachytherapy" where they put radioactive "seeds" directly into the tumor in his esophagus. Tests will be performed in July to see if he's a candidate.

I have a friend at work, whose mother has been fighting bile duct cancer (inoperable, untreatable) for several years now. She and her mom (I hope they're reading this!) are my inspiration - they both have such great attitudes about the whole thing. They have their ups, their downs, their in-betweens. And they just go on with life. That's where we're at. Mom and Dad went to a Casino in Connecticut a few days after getting the news about the cancer re-growth, so I think they're on that path, too. What else can you do, man?!

As for Carter's x-rays, they were normal. But then a few days later, he was limping again, so I brought him back to the doc, who pressed on his hips and declared that he thinks he has tendonitis in his right hip. We could try to immobilize him for 2 days, and give him ibuprofin, and see if that cleared it up. But the boy loves to run, dance, hop, and do the riverdance (see video below), so what to do? Apparently skip straight to an orthopaedist, which we will do in AUGUST. Unless we get a cancellation appointment sooner. Doc says it's nothing to be worried about.

So summer is here, tots are so much fun, so affectionate and funny. I'm so tired, so very tired, because they are still.waking.at.night. Teething apparently. I didn't get the memo about this teething stuff, when does it end?! Hehe. Here are some pics and vids. Adios!

Behold! The Lord of the Dance!



Saturday, June 23, 2007

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Precious! I couldn't get on again through this link here (obviously MY issue), so I had to go to your account and look at everything - he he!

Hoping that your Dad is a candidate for the brachy and obviously - that he celebrates many a birthday with you all.

7:28 AM, June 30, 2007  
Blogger Welshie said...

That video made me laugh out loud. It is so brilliant!! He obviously loves to perform!

Debbie in the UK

11:57 AM, June 30, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too cute! I'm sorry that your dad's cancer is back. I really hope he's a candidate for the new therapy.

1:18 PM, June 30, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erica,
So sorry about your dad. Still want to get together next week? Would love to see you.--Kim F.

12:05 PM, July 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear the news about your Dad. Hope he is a good candidate for the brachy and that all is clear again soon.

The tots as usual are adorable!

Halley
PS. Come back and chat!

5:00 AM, July 02, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Erica! I'm so sorry to hear that your dad's cancer is back. I live in fear of that, too. It's almost like it never really is cured. I hope that the treatment works and he gets many birthdays with you, Jeff, and the tots.

3:17 PM, July 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't checked in here for a while. So sorry to hear about your dad, I was hoping that nasty stuff was gone for good. Hope Carter is OK too. It's amazing how big the tots are getting - Wow!

1:13 PM, July 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home