Helllllllllllllloooooooooooo!
Ahem. So I'm posting about once a month now. Lame, totally lame! I'm also slowing down in the picture and video-taking department, so I have fewer pictures to post these days. There's just so much to do around the house, and so much to do with the tots (not to mention working full-time) that I haven't had the energy to post lately.
But I'll try to sum up some recent events for whoever is still checking in on us. The tots are now 15 months old and have a check-up on Thursday. Carter is a world-class eater and seems to have gained almost 4 pounds since the last checkup at 12 months, but Cassie is very picky and eats great sometimes and not at all other times. Fickle, you might call her. Knock wood, they've both been really healthy this winter, except for a few colds.
We also have our post-placement social worker visit on Thursday, and that means I have to get started on re-adoption paperwork - UGH. Even though Guatemala gave us final adoption decrees and the tots are legally our children, even though the Federal US government gave the tots US citizenship when they came home, and consider our adoptions final, the State of Virginia does not. If we want the tots to have Virginia-issued birth certificates, if we want to change their names legally, and most importantly, if we want there to be no confusion regarding their inheritance of our estates, we must re-adopt under Virginia law. Talk about a racket to keep lawyers earning dough (hehe, don't shoot me, I'm a lawyer too, or used to be anyway)! Anyhoo, I'm not hiring an adoption lawyer to do the paperwork, I'm going to do it myself, with the help of some families who've done it already. But it's a HUGE pain in the buttocks, and expensive.
Back to the tots - they are getting along so well now. Cassandra is still bossy and pushy, but at least she's not whacking Carter on the head constantly. They play together all the time, chasing each other around the house and mimicking each other. They are both very bright and understand so much of what we say to them. They're not saying too many words, but that will come in time. Cassandra says "Mammmaa!" to me and melts my heart into a little puddle. Carter comes running to me when we pick him up from daycare and smiles the sweetest smile. Oh, my, my. Life is good, the best!
What else? We've been taking them swimming at a recreation center once a week and they have so much fun in the water. There's a shallow pool that they can wade in, with a playground thingy and slide. But now that the weather is warming up, we'll probably start bicycling, and we bought a trailer that they can both sit in. We're looking forward to biking again, we haven't really done it since we became parents.
Here are some pictures and video, sorry there aren't more!
Saturday, February 10, 2007

Monday, February 12, 2007

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Sunday, February 25, 2007
But I'll try to sum up some recent events for whoever is still checking in on us. The tots are now 15 months old and have a check-up on Thursday. Carter is a world-class eater and seems to have gained almost 4 pounds since the last checkup at 12 months, but Cassie is very picky and eats great sometimes and not at all other times. Fickle, you might call her. Knock wood, they've both been really healthy this winter, except for a few colds.
We also have our post-placement social worker visit on Thursday, and that means I have to get started on re-adoption paperwork - UGH. Even though Guatemala gave us final adoption decrees and the tots are legally our children, even though the Federal US government gave the tots US citizenship when they came home, and consider our adoptions final, the State of Virginia does not. If we want the tots to have Virginia-issued birth certificates, if we want to change their names legally, and most importantly, if we want there to be no confusion regarding their inheritance of our estates, we must re-adopt under Virginia law. Talk about a racket to keep lawyers earning dough (hehe, don't shoot me, I'm a lawyer too, or used to be anyway)! Anyhoo, I'm not hiring an adoption lawyer to do the paperwork, I'm going to do it myself, with the help of some families who've done it already. But it's a HUGE pain in the buttocks, and expensive.
Back to the tots - they are getting along so well now. Cassandra is still bossy and pushy, but at least she's not whacking Carter on the head constantly. They play together all the time, chasing each other around the house and mimicking each other. They are both very bright and understand so much of what we say to them. They're not saying too many words, but that will come in time. Cassandra says "Mammmaa!" to me and melts my heart into a little puddle. Carter comes running to me when we pick him up from daycare and smiles the sweetest smile. Oh, my, my. Life is good, the best!
What else? We've been taking them swimming at a recreation center once a week and they have so much fun in the water. There's a shallow pool that they can wade in, with a playground thingy and slide. But now that the weather is warming up, we'll probably start bicycling, and we bought a trailer that they can both sit in. We're looking forward to biking again, we haven't really done it since we became parents.
Here are some pictures and video, sorry there aren't more!
Saturday, February 10, 2007

Monday, February 12, 2007

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Sunday, February 25, 2007
.jpg)



4 Comments:
Oh wow - not babies anymore are they?
I have no idea how you keep up with two!!!! I can't keep up with my one!!
He he - love the pics, finally was able to see them today.
As for re-adopting - racket it right and pita, sorry charlie. OMG - I loved the vid of Cassie massaging (maybe she'll be a vet?) the cat - which one is it? My mind is completely gone.
Grayson loves to watch the video of the tots. We'll have to get together soon, our basement is almost finished!!!
YAY
glad youre back
Carla
Post a Comment
<< Home