Monday, February 12, 2007

Then and Now

OK, this was supposed to have been written right after the Super Bowl, but that's what happens when you are the world's biggest procrastinator trying to keep up a blog!

So anyway. Super Bowl is on, we're all at W & M's house (Jeff's sister and brother-in-law). Tots are running around, trying to turn off the big screen TV, going kookoo. I wondered out loud who the heck was in last year's SuperBowl (sorry, Carla!) and why couldn't I remember watching it, and BAM! I remembered that one year ago, while the Super Bowl was playing out, we were trying to get two tiny tots to sleep in our hotel room in Guatemala City! It was kind of shocking to realize that a whole year had passed since we first held them, and the memories came flooding back.

Me pacing the floor of the family room, trying to trick the wise-beyond-her-months Cassandra to sleep, looking up at the TV screen at the Super Bowl! Jeff sleeping peacefully in the room with Carter (haha, just kidding, Jeff got about as much sleep over three nights as I did - about NONE). Oh man, that was a scary, thrilling, crazy trip. It overwhelmed us, but also made us feel like real parents for the first time.

So here's a then and now picture, taken almost exactly a year apart, 2 months of age, then 14 months.



10 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

Happy One Year home!
They are absolutely precious!
:)

9:16 AM, February 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy happy!!

Carla

12:55 PM, February 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh how time flies when you're having fun!

10:03 AM, February 14, 2007  
Blogger Laura F. said...

I love looking back!! Thanks for sharing the then and now pictures.

3:16 PM, February 15, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's been a year. They're so big now! And of course they're as cute as ever.

5:13 PM, February 16, 2007  
Blogger drew moser said...

just stumbled across your blog from other adoption blogs. holy cow you're kids are adorable. so fun to follow other's adoption journeys.

12:07 PM, February 17, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, how adorable! and its been a year already? man, that is crazy!

3:39 PM, February 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you must be pretty darn busy... getting anymore snow lately? we're getting hammered here in Wisconsin!

12:05 PM, March 02, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how far they have come!!!

I can't wait to celebrate our one year!

2:57 PM, March 05, 2007  
Blogger Katie said...

Your children are BEAUTIFUL !!!

7:57 PM, March 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home