Wednesday, March 01, 2006

4 Things

Nan has tagged me, and shortly thereafter, Lisa tagged me, too. I guess I better be a good blogger and post this stuff!

Four jobs I've had in my life:

  1. Groomed, fed, and medicated horses at a hunter/jumper stable
  2. Made flower boxes and dish gardens at a family owned greenhouse (loved this one, though most of my earnings went to flowers/plants)
  3. Slaved away as a "munchkin" (temp lawyer) at a horrid, large, NYC law firm
  4. Currently working for the Federal government, where I have been a regulation writer/editor, and am now a wildland fire policy analyst-type

Four movies I can watch over and over:

  1. Monty Python’s Life of Brian
  2. Office Space
  3. Napoleon Dynamite
  4. Amadeus
  5. The Princess Bride
    (OK, that’s 5, but so what?)

Four places I have lived:

  1. Putnam County, NY
  2. Binghamton, NY (for college)
  3. Washington, DC (Georgetown, in a tiny basement apt)
  4. Alexandria, VA.

Four TV shows I love to watch:

  1. Many shows on HGTV or the FoodTV network – Good Eats in particular
  2. The Apprentice (the Donald version, of course)
  3. Jeopardy
  4. The Office (I didn’t like the first show or two, but the show is growing on me – did anyone see the Olympics episode? Hilarious.

Four places I have been on vacation:

  1. Cozumel, Mexico (honeymoon)
  2. Las Vegas, NV
  3. Florida – Key West, Dunedin, Clearwater, Sarasota, on different trips
  4. Guatemala City, Guatemala (well, not really a vacation, as you know!)

Four websites I visit daily:

  1. The blogs of my fellow Guatemala adopters
  2. IVFC
  3. Washingtonpost.com
  4. The blogs of many infertile women

Four of my favorite foods:

  1. Lobster
  2. Raw oysters, steamed clams
  3. NY Pizza
  4. SUSHI!!!

Four places I'd rather be right now:

  1. Picking up the tots in Guatemala!
  2. On a tropical island beach
  3. Slurping down oysters at Acme Oyster House in New Orleans
  4. Visiting the relatives I’ve never met in northern Italy

******************************************************************

A few posts back, someone asked me if C&C were in the same foster home yet. The answer is no, after Carter got adenovirus as a newborn, they decided to keep them apart, and then they became known as "high maintenance" babies, and the adoption agency didn't want to stress out either foster mom by having her care for both of them. After the 3 nights in the hotel with them, Jeff and I completely agree! So, they will stay apart until we go to bring them home. I think that's okay - everything I read said that at such a young age, they're really not that aware of each other. And I think it's more important for them to get the one-on-one care than to "know" each other.

If there are any people reading that would like to ask questions about adoption, etc, you're always welcome to ask in the comments section, or to e-mail me (e-mail can be found in my "profile").

Adios, for now!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't had the chance to post lately, but wanted to be sure you know I am heere every day...checking on you & your children. And I am always praying that their date to come home arrives quickly.

oysters??? GROSS. LOL!

8:20 AM, March 02, 2006  
Blogger Erica said...

Bernie - we stayed at the Tropicana and then at the Excalibur, and I've been there for work twice, and stayed at the MGM Grand, and Gold Coast (off the Strip). Love the wedding photo!

Amber - are you my New Zealand friend, or my Maryland friend? LOL, it's amazing that I know two of you, and your name was one of my name pics for a girl way back when! Thanks for following along and supporting me!

8:48 AM, March 02, 2006  
Blogger Erica said...

Oh, and amber, don't knock the oysters until you try them, they are very addictive! A little coctail sauce, little squeeze of lemon - mmmmmmmmmmmmm!

9:12 AM, March 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Monty Mython Clip Clop Clip Clop

Hee Hee
Cass

9:17 AM, March 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel like I know you better now! Thanks for the great new information about your family. I have eaten a Munchkin before as you have. I ate an oyster once and became very ill. I had a runny nose, cramping and my skin became red. I may have had a parasite.

12:17 PM, March 02, 2006  
Blogger Erica said...

"Gus" - Do you give monkey-wearing-fez candles out as gifts, by any chance? LOL.

If I am mistaken about who you are, then I do apologize. But if that's the case, then I worry about you!

7:16 PM, March 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am Maryland Amber! And I will save my cocktail sauce for shrimp steamed in a ton of Old Bay!

7:16 PM, March 02, 2006  
Blogger Erica said...

Ah, I thought it was you, Amber! LOL. You can be just Amber now that I know it's you.

You guys ruin perfectly good crabs with that Old Bay stuff. Dontcha know you're supposed to dip crab in butter?!

8:50 PM, March 02, 2006  
Blogger Stacy said...

You've lived in Putnam County, NY? Coincidence, I drive through there every day on my way to work! And Paris, without a doubt, is the best of the Las Vegas hotels. Boyfriend and I decided to do the Star Trek wedding, if we ever do that bit, at the Hilton though.

8:53 PM, March 02, 2006  
Blogger Erica said...

Stacy, I grew up in Putnam County! Moved from there to Washington DC in 1996, so spent most of my life there.

12:50 PM, March 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to not like The Office either but it has really grown on me. Yes, the olympic one was brilliance!!

2:12 PM, March 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home