Thursday, March 23, 2006

Sleep, glorious sleep!

Ahhhhhhhh. The tots were marvelous yesterday! Carter napped quite a bit during the day, Cassie napped in the late afternoon/evening, and I thought we were doomed for the night. Especially because I tried to take several naps myself and couldn't... well, they were wonderful babies! They slept for hours at a time (Carter had more wakings because of his cold) and Jeff and I got some really good sleep! It's 8 a.m. and Carter's still sleeping!

I wish we could come home RIGHT NOW because they are so damned cute that I want my family to meet them! And somebody needs to help Jeff if I'm not around with the atomic poopy diapers! I thought he would pass out. I think it will be like the first time he had to give me an intramuscular 1.5 inch needle in the buttock for IVF treatment- he'll just have to do it if he's alone. He came through with the needles and I'm confident he'll come through with the diapers. Right? Hehe.

I'll post the few pics we took yesterday, poor Carter was so sleepy and we didn't get many photos, but I do have a few cute videos, but I think I won't be able to post them until we're home.

Today we're just hanging out at the pool, possibly souvenir hunting a bit (but we are still nervous to walk around Guatemala City with two babies, or ride in cars without car seats, so we just might not be able to do that.)

Wednesday, March 22, 2006


11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome, Erica!! I love all the pics, but especially the ones with you and Jeff in them. You guys are beaming. I can't wait to meet those beautiful kids in person!

Love, Karen (loveajax)

12:02 PM, March 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can buy all the souveniours you want at the airport so don't worry about that!!!!

4:09 PM, March 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you are getting some sleep. Sleep is NOT overrated! Pics are wonderful.

9:54 PM, March 23, 2006  
Blogger HollyGee said...

You must be sooo excited to bring your babies home. I hope you have a stress-free flight!!!

10:06 PM, March 23, 2006  
Blogger Kristin @ Intrepid Murmurings said...

Yay!!!! Congrats, so happy for you guys! The photos are adorable. Glad you got some sleep, too, that is wonderful. Good luck tomorrow with everything!

10:34 PM, March 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sure do talk about sleep a lot though. I'm wondering if maybe instead of going down to Guatemala to adopt a set of twins, you shouldn't have instead just gone to Sears and picked up a set of twin mattresses. LOL!! Just kidding.

Lisa

5:30 AM, March 24, 2006  
Blogger Angel said...

YAY!! Two precious babies on their way home. SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!

:0) Angel

10:54 AM, March 24, 2006  
Blogger Kimmer said...

Erica,
They just get cuter everytime I see a picture. I hope you have a safe trip home. Thinking of you and so very happy for you and Jeff.

11:43 AM, March 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erica,

Congratulations!! Your babies are BEAUTIFUL!!

Lakshmi (from ivfc)

2:39 PM, March 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erica
All the pics are precious. So very happy for you & your family
Safe travels home

Love Kerry aka Kezza

6:27 PM, March 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

E - YAY! Are you home yet? I love the photos, those babes are so gorgeous, I may have to accept Karen's invite and barge my way down there, he he.

Hope you had a safe journey back and everyone is doing well.

9:32 PM, March 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home