WHEW! We got Carter's pink slip today!
I found out as we were driving home from work, around 6 p.m., that Carter's embassy date is the same as Cassandras. So: All systems go! We leave Tuesday morning, get the babies forever on Tuesday afternoon, go to the embassy Wednesday morning, get their visas to immigrate Thursday afternoon, then fly home on Friday afternoon, home around 10:30 p.m.!
Holy schlemoly! My parents are coming to stay for a week, may get here Saturday or Sunday (3/25 or 26). Jeff's parents are picking us up at the airport, and will spend a day with the tots, then they're off to Vegas, baby! The grandparents are going to LOVE their new grandkids!
A big shout out to my nieces S and L up in New York - your new cousins are coming home soon, they can't wait to meet you! (Same to nephews M in New York, and C and A in Virginia!)
I got an e-mail today from Cassie's foster mom - she is so sweet! I know that I am going to break down completely when she hands her over to us, what a bittersweet moment it will be.
A quick word about my agency - they are the best. They care, so much. It seems like they never sleep! And they are relatively small, compared to other agencies. They exceeded my every expectation. What I'm trying to say is, if you're considering adopting from this country, consider picking them! I'm sure there are many other wonderful agencies out there, but if you don't get this kind of absolute assurance that they are FANTABULOUS, with no negative reviews, then don't go with those other agencies!
OK, I've got to go try to sleep, then tomorrow I'm staying home from work, and I'll be packing and cleaning the house, and oh my! Too many things to do! THANK YOU all for visiting the blog, offering your support, and sending your love. This has been better than I could have imagined, and I'm so grateful to you all for keeping me going!
***edited to add: I typed this post up last night, Thursday, but apparently was too excited to re-publish the whole blog, so I guess it didn't show up until now? Left you in a bit of suspense, I guess - sorry about that!***
Holy schlemoly! My parents are coming to stay for a week, may get here Saturday or Sunday (3/25 or 26). Jeff's parents are picking us up at the airport, and will spend a day with the tots, then they're off to Vegas, baby! The grandparents are going to LOVE their new grandkids!
A big shout out to my nieces S and L up in New York - your new cousins are coming home soon, they can't wait to meet you! (Same to nephews M in New York, and C and A in Virginia!)
I got an e-mail today from Cassie's foster mom - she is so sweet! I know that I am going to break down completely when she hands her over to us, what a bittersweet moment it will be.
A quick word about my agency - they are the best. They care, so much. It seems like they never sleep! And they are relatively small, compared to other agencies. They exceeded my every expectation. What I'm trying to say is, if you're considering adopting from this country, consider picking them! I'm sure there are many other wonderful agencies out there, but if you don't get this kind of absolute assurance that they are FANTABULOUS, with no negative reviews, then don't go with those other agencies!
OK, I've got to go try to sleep, then tomorrow I'm staying home from work, and I'll be packing and cleaning the house, and oh my! Too many things to do! THANK YOU all for visiting the blog, offering your support, and sending your love. This has been better than I could have imagined, and I'm so grateful to you all for keeping me going!
***edited to add: I typed this post up last night, Thursday, but apparently was too excited to re-publish the whole blog, so I guess it didn't show up until now? Left you in a bit of suspense, I guess - sorry about that!***
.jpg)



16 Comments:
What a great week you've got ahead of you!!!
So. very. happy. for. you!
WOOHOO!!! Go get your babies!!! Have a fantastic trip and enjoy every moment of it!!!!
What wonderful news! I just had to pop out of lurkdom to say hi & congrats! I used to be on an adoption thread w/you & was so happy to find your blog and to follow your progress...
Yahoo! Have a wonderful and safe trip next week!!
How awesome! For This Child is on the top of my list for referring prospective adoptive parents. :-) Can't wait to see pics of the tots when they're home!
How awesome! For This Child is on the top of my list for referring prospective adoptive parents. :-) Can't wait to see pics of the tots when they're home!
What good news! Congratulations and have a great pick-up trip! Get those babies home and bonding as hermano y hermana, brother and sister!!!
oh my goodness! I can't even sleep...how are you going to? I would love to send a gift for the babies, do you have a PO box, or would you mind emailing me your address? (i know that can be scary)
Thanks, everybody! Woooooo!
Amber that is so sweet of you! But unnecessary! You can e-mail me anytime (click on my name, and it should bring up the e-mail address), and I can give you my address.
I'll pick up some "worry dolls" in Guatemala for Jenn!
I just don't know what else to say but Awesome!!
Cindy
How awesome! For This Child is on the top of my list for referring prospective adoptive parents. :-) Can't wait to see pics of the tots when they're home!
--- L
How awesome! For This Child is on the top of my list for referring prospective adoptive parents. :-) Can't wait to see pics of the tots when they're home!
OOPS!
XXX ;) Nan
I'm so so happy for you. Finally! I'm glad you will have help w/ the tots. I'm busy w/ just one! Many blessing to your new family.
Can't wait to see pics.
It's okay if you "break down" w/ the fmom. I did. It's all real, all part of the experience. Wishing you all the best, and happiness always.
Congrats Erica!! Go get your babies! I'm so excited for you, I have tears just thinking about it! Have a great trip and I'll be anxiously awaiting details when you get home and get settled!
YIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Cass and Carter can meet Cass and Carter Bears. Expect photos you know. I am so excited.
Congratulations, Erica! You're on your way already... I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to hear more when you get back.
Your kids are utterly adorable. Wishing all of you a lifetime of love and joy.
Post a Comment
<< Home