Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Extreme Panda Cuteness!

First, thank you everybody for the happy dances and thoughts about us getting out of PGN! I'm still feeling lucky, and very grateful. I wish it would go that fast for everyone.

Anyway, my lovely friend L, and her husband C and four wonderful kids visited me this past weekend. I loved seeing them all so much! Thank you, L & Family, for coming all the way from Rochester, NY! The kids' ages are 6, 4, and then boy/girl twins of 20 months, so it was great to experience that upclose, since we will have boy/girl "twins" on our hands very soon! I was amazed at how calm L and C were managing 4 kids!

We went to the National Zoo on Sunday and experienced some extreme panda cuteness. Did you all know that Mei Xiang, the mom, went through panda infertility? She actually cycled with me, I was doing IVF number 23,000 while she was having, I believe, her second IUI (intrauterine insemination) and she succeeded, while all I got was a lousy t-shirt.

Here are a few videos of the miracle panda cub, Tai Shan. Panda dad was in the next yard over, separated by a fence, I guess he doesn't get to share in the parenting experience.


Video Sharing at DropShots.com


Video Sharing at DropShots.com


Video Sharing at DropShots.com

2 Comments:

Blogger Angel said...

Oh Erica!

Nothing in you should feel anything except joy and elation. Guilt should not even step into this precious picture. I am overjoyed for you and for all those who zip those babies home. What a blessing! Especially after the pain you have endured. Your wait began for your children began LONG before your dossier was in Guatemala. It sounds like you truly comprehend the pain of watching people easily come by what you can't seem to grasp no matter how you try. That is what I am trying to learn. TO QUIT GRASPING!

Look what you have now gained from that pain!Look where it has led you. It hurts that I don't have it NOW but it gives me hope. I am so grateful that God has now blessed you with two beautiful children. I will soak in your joy daily as I watch them grow up into beautiful loved children.

I truly believe with all my heart that God's timing is perfect even on the days when I am frustrated and spewing yuckiness. You are so precious to write such a sweet letter. This wait is hard and it hurts. I won't lie. That doesn't dampen my joy for you. I am truly grateful that your wait is almost over. I hope that these children can ease and help heal the pain that you have faced. I send you a hug and love from Angel. I'll be checking and checking your blog. Hoping I see pink there VERY soon.

No guilt today for you sweet lady. You've walked a hard road and now it's pure joy. As my mom says- A little taste of heaven on Earth.

:0) Angel

2:15 PM, March 09, 2006  
Blogger Erica said...

Angel - thank you for your lovely comment! I appreciate your words... but even though I am so happy, I'll still feel a bit guilty that we got through so quickly, I think it's just human nature.

I hope that you, and Stacy, and anyone else being tortured with the waiting and not knowing get good news soon...

8:58 AM, March 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home