Good news, sappy thoughts
Last night at 10 p.m., our agency e-mailed to tell us that the birthmothers had signed off last week, for the fourth and final time. Cassandra and Carter are officially our children!
I am awed and grateful for the amazing sacrifice both of these women made to give their babies a chance at a better life. We will never let them down, we will give C & C the best upbringing we can, and more love than you can shake a stick at!
Before we decided to adopt, I would look at pictures of others' adopted children, wondering if Jeff and I could adopt. I usually noticed the differences between the children and parents - always looking for that unattainable biological link. Well, now that we have our children, I can tell you in all honesty that it JUST DOESN'T MATTER. These children are ours, period. Cassandra and Carter are beautiful, wonderful tots, and we are incredibly happy and lucky to be adopting them!
Yesterday, driving home from lunch with two dear college friends, T and Z, I listened to my Best of Carly Simon CD, I hadn't heard these songs in a few years. The song "I Haven't Got Time For the Pain" came on, and the lyrics were so appropriate for what we've been through for the last 5 years. I cried a bit with relief that we are finally finished with our pain of being childless:
Haven't Got Time For The Pain
(Carly Simon/Jacob Brackman)
All those crazy nights when I cried myself to sleep
Now melodrama never makes me weep anymore
'Cause I haven't got time for the pain
I haven't got room for the pain
I haven't the need for the pain
Not since I've known you
You showed me how, how to leave myself behind
How to turn down the noise in my mind
Now I haven't got time for the pain
I haven't got room for the pain
I haven't the need for the pain
Not since I've known you
Suffering was the only thing that made me feel I was alive
Though that's just how much it cost to survive in this world
'Til you showed me how, how to fill my heart with love
How to open up and drink in all that white love
Pouring down from the heaven
I haven't got time for the pain
I haven't got room for the pain
I haven't the need for the pain
Not since I've known you
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
That was fairly sappy, I'm sorry about that! Back to the tots, here's what happens next: We wait for their birth certificates to come (from Mazatenango, the city they were born in) and then the agency will submit us for "pink" to the US Embassy. That should be late this week or early next week. Once the embassy issues the pink slip, we will know our travel dates! And will scramble for airfare and pack, and freak out and all that good stuff.
After anticipating this for so long, I'm actually a bit scared! This is REALLY happening! Soon!
I am awed and grateful for the amazing sacrifice both of these women made to give their babies a chance at a better life. We will never let them down, we will give C & C the best upbringing we can, and more love than you can shake a stick at!
Before we decided to adopt, I would look at pictures of others' adopted children, wondering if Jeff and I could adopt. I usually noticed the differences between the children and parents - always looking for that unattainable biological link. Well, now that we have our children, I can tell you in all honesty that it JUST DOESN'T MATTER. These children are ours, period. Cassandra and Carter are beautiful, wonderful tots, and we are incredibly happy and lucky to be adopting them!
Yesterday, driving home from lunch with two dear college friends, T and Z, I listened to my Best of Carly Simon CD, I hadn't heard these songs in a few years. The song "I Haven't Got Time For the Pain" came on, and the lyrics were so appropriate for what we've been through for the last 5 years. I cried a bit with relief that we are finally finished with our pain of being childless:
Haven't Got Time For The Pain
(Carly Simon/Jacob Brackman)
All those crazy nights when I cried myself to sleep
Now melodrama never makes me weep anymore
'Cause I haven't got time for the pain
I haven't got room for the pain
I haven't the need for the pain
Not since I've known you
You showed me how, how to leave myself behind
How to turn down the noise in my mind
Now I haven't got time for the pain
I haven't got room for the pain
I haven't the need for the pain
Not since I've known you
Suffering was the only thing that made me feel I was alive
Though that's just how much it cost to survive in this world
'Til you showed me how, how to fill my heart with love
How to open up and drink in all that white love
Pouring down from the heaven
I haven't got time for the pain
I haven't got room for the pain
I haven't the need for the pain
Not since I've known you
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
That was fairly sappy, I'm sorry about that! Back to the tots, here's what happens next: We wait for their birth certificates to come (from Mazatenango, the city they were born in) and then the agency will submit us for "pink" to the US Embassy. That should be late this week or early next week. Once the embassy issues the pink slip, we will know our travel dates! And will scramble for airfare and pack, and freak out and all that good stuff.
After anticipating this for so long, I'm actually a bit scared! This is REALLY happening! Soon!
.jpg)



8 Comments:
If you've ever seen my blog you know I love a good sappy song every once in awhile! That one is definately appropriate. Wow! THEY ARE YOURS NOW! You are finally and officially and forever a mommy of two beautiful children. So amazing and wonderful. I am so happy for you. Any day now you will be holding them and never have to leave them again. YEA!!!
:0) Angel
http://spaces.msn.com/faithsjourney/
At a loss for words, this is just awesomely amazing!! Sooooo happy for you!!
WOW!! Just WOW!!!
...Lisa
I just started reading your story--love it! We got our referral on 1/18, and we live in Arlington, so maybe our daughter and your two tots could someday meet. I look forward to reading the future postings.
Congratulations...and thank you for sharing.
My body has just turned into one big goosebump. Oh my gracious, I am so happy for you! Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of your family. I pray you don't stop posting when your kids come home. I mean, I know you are going to be busy, but PLEASE make time for us! I never said I wasn't selfish. :) Much love to you!
Erica, the song is perfect. I never really listened to/read the words of that song so I'm just blown away at how appropriate it is for this moment. Great news about the final paperwork coming together - the big day is almost here! Try to enjoy the last few weeks of quiet time with DH.
Cindy (ctb)
I'm amazed at how close you are to having the tots home already! The wait seems like an eternity while you are in it but when you look back it's all happened so fast! I'm so happy for you and can't wait to hear you are heading down to bring your children home!
I am very happy for you. The song is perfect, not one bit sappy.
All the best to you and your beautiful tots.
Post a Comment
<< Home