Stress-free flight?! OHHOHOHO! That's a good one!
We made it! We're home, with our sanity slightly intact. Cassandra slept in the airport waiting for our flight, just in time to be wide awake for her fussiest time of the day, and oh my god, what a tough time. She is a HIGH maintenance girl. But I don't want to dwell on that, I'll just say she was well-behaved for 3 minutes of the 4 hour 15 min flight!
We breezed through customs & immigration, they were so sweet to us, took us to the front of the line and they were processed through in a few minutes. Carter and Cassie became US citizens in about 30 seconds as the immigrations guy just glanced through their paperwork and handed us their passports and said "Congratulations, they are now US citizens!"
HOOOORAY! Then we exited to the waiting area, and Jeff's parents, sister, brother in law and 2 nephews were waiting for us, with pink and blue balloons sent by my parents (they're coming today from NY) and I just started crying in relief and happiness. Cassandra was now smiley and happy, and they just didn't believe me when I told them what a bear she was on the flight!
They slept 4.5 hours straight after playing with everyone, and woke for a bottle, then slept a few hours more. We are SO relieved and happy to be home, it still feels like a dream.
I got no pictures for you, haven't taken any in 2 days, I think! Thanks for all the comments and well-wishes!
We breezed through customs & immigration, they were so sweet to us, took us to the front of the line and they were processed through in a few minutes. Carter and Cassie became US citizens in about 30 seconds as the immigrations guy just glanced through their paperwork and handed us their passports and said "Congratulations, they are now US citizens!"
HOOOORAY! Then we exited to the waiting area, and Jeff's parents, sister, brother in law and 2 nephews were waiting for us, with pink and blue balloons sent by my parents (they're coming today from NY) and I just started crying in relief and happiness. Cassandra was now smiley and happy, and they just didn't believe me when I told them what a bear she was on the flight!
They slept 4.5 hours straight after playing with everyone, and woke for a bottle, then slept a few hours more. We are SO relieved and happy to be home, it still feels like a dream.
I got no pictures for you, haven't taken any in 2 days, I think! Thanks for all the comments and well-wishes!
.jpg)



23 Comments:
Welcome home Cass and Carter. Erica I am so happy you and your family are home safely and all went well.
CONGRATULATIONS once again!!!!
Congrats to you and your hubby for surviving the flight. Now you only need to worry about surviving the next 18 years:) I'm so happy you are home, safe and sound. I hope my journey goes as smoothly as yours did.
Erica,
I am so happy for you congratulations!!
-Hope (From IVFC)
WELCOME HOME MUMMY DADDY Carter & Cass
Erica here in Uk mothers day tomorrow (Sunday) So HAPPY MOTHERS DAY sweetie xxxxxxx
Now get taking some pics
Love Kerry aka Kezza
Congratulations, Erica!!!
I'm so very happy for you!
Danae
Congratulations Mom, you made it! Tears of joy here for you my friend, at last, at last!
Yahoo!! The whole family is home. What a great day!!
Congratulations, Erica! And welcome home Cassandra and Carter! I'm so very happy for you guys.
Congratulations! So glad you got your babies home safely! Enjoy your time with them, they grow so fast.
Welcome home! I can't wait to meet the tots!!
Welcome Home Cass & Carter!!
And now the fun really begins :)
I'll send you Taylor's pony in a couple of years for Cass to play with.
xoxo
Merc
WELCOME HOME Cassie and Carter. Your Mom and Dad have been waiting for you for a long time - now their dreams have come true! Try to let them get a little sleep here and there, ok?
Cindy (ctb)
Welcome home, Erica! What wonderful news.
So happy for you and your two new little Americans. Your two children! May you enjoy great happiness and great love together.
Wonderful wonderful news! :0) Angel
Erica, angel of mercy,
mommy who through cyber-links
with God brought us together
as a family,
wherever and whenever may God Bless you,
in my mind, heart and soul.
Jeff, firm supporter of life,
Uncle Culann of Celtic design,
Cassandra and Carlos,
cyber-twins of fantastic worlds,
Pamelita inspiration
lady and Silver,
run to save souls,
bear,
all of you are laughter,
and amazing findings
of the spirit on Earth.
Inspiration.
Erica & Jeff -
Congratulations on you're new family! It's nice to read that the immigrations folks were helpful, it has to make bringing them home a good memory. Welcome to Carter and Cass!
Love,
Chris (Bondy)
CONGRATULATIONS, JEFF AND ERICA!! Welcome home, Cass and Carter! I'm glad you are home safe and sound. I am sure you are exhausted, but loving every minute!! Can't wait to hear some more news about how these kiddos are enjoying being home. Erica, I am sooooo happy for you -- you have been such a great friend and supporter of so many! Love, Karen (loveajax)
Welcome home chica!
Congratulations on having your babies home with you! Let your new life begin! I had my baby too, it sounds like the dates were very similar to yours. She was born on March 21 and we came home March 24. It's wonderful, isn't it? Scary, emotional, but so amazing and beautiful. I am so grateful for my baby girl as I know you are for your son and daughter. Enjoy! All the best.
Welcome home, to your entire family...Mom, Dad, son & daughter.
I like the way that sounds.
So very happy for you. For them. For all of you.
I'm so glad you all made it home safe and sound! Sorry that the flight was a trying experience but it's over and behind you! Welcome home and CONGRATS!!
HOORAY, YOU ARE HOME! Write when you can.
I am sure the flight is already forgotten.
Welcome home! I am thrilled for you!
Post a Comment
<< Home