Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Whew! Catching up is tough.

Jeff got his laptop working with our internet provider, so since I was wildly successful in getting both tots to sleep tonight at about 9:00 (this almost never happens - we must have tuckered them out today), I decided to jump on and get some pictures out to you. I'm disappointed that we haven't taken more pics, since we knew they were coming home, the urge to take tons of photos and videos kind of wore off! Plus, these tots want to play all day in between naps and bottles, so it's tough.

We are really getting the hang of their quirks and personalities. They are so different, but wonderful. Carter is a sweet, gentle, talkative boy, and Cassie is a high-energy, always on the go, feisty, pipsqueak. Both have visited the doctor, Cassie on Monday, and Carter on Tuesday, but we will go for their big adoption-checkup on April 20th, where their histories will be reviewed, vaccinations given, etc. So far, both pediatricians we saw were wonderful. They said the babies are adorable, and healthy. Cassandra weighs 11 lb. 6 oz. and Carter is 13 lbs. Neither one enjoyed riding in the car!

OK, I can't think of anything else, here are the pictures:
Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Monday, March 27, 2006


Sunday, March 26, 2006


Saturday, March 25, 2006


Friday, March 24, 2006



Oh! Did I mention how incredibly wonderful these babies are, and how lucky and grateful we are to have them?! My mom and dad are totally charmed by them, and I've enjoyed having them here to help me and take part in their first days at home. Jeff's parents are back from a trip to Vegas this weekend (they booked it long ago before we knew we'd be bringing the tots home) and I can't wait for them to spend more time with them. Jeff's sisters and brother-in-law and our nephews have been over for visits, and my sister and nieces are coming down before Easter to meet them. Tomorrow is my first day alone with two, gulp! I think Jeff's sister is coming over to help out though.

OK, gotta try to sleep before the first one wakes up for another bottle.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are beautiful!! I am so glad to see you have them home finally and they are yours! Congratulations again to you!

10:38 PM, March 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love all the pictures and glad the computer is working.
Looking forward to spending more time with all the babies (human and feline).

10:45 PM, March 29, 2006  
Blogger Kimmer said...

Wonderful news, glad the Dr's visits went!
How's Charlie and Ceasar doing with the tots?

12:12 AM, March 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pictures are fabulous...you look fabulous! I love it!!

7:06 AM, March 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabulous news, Erica! And great pictures.

I'm glad you're getting so much help -- I bet it's important, during this huge transition.

7:52 AM, March 30, 2006  
Blogger HollyGee said...

Wow!!! They are soooo cute. You can tell how much they love Mommy and Daddy by the big smiles on their faces. You must be ecstatic. Thanks so much for sharing this pics at such a busy time.

8:27 AM, March 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pictures E - keep 'em coming!

10:08 AM, March 30, 2006  
Blogger Kristin @ Intrepid Murmurings said...

So happy for you guys, and glad to hear things are going well! Good luck on your first day alone with them -- I'm sure you'll do great. Keep those pics comin'!

10:12 AM, March 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pics are gorgeous as usual.

Love Kerry

1:33 PM, March 30, 2006  
Blogger Laura F. said...

I just love seeing all the pictures. I can't believe how tiny they are! So sweet. I can't wait to come see you guys.

7:49 PM, March 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And let the fun begin....... (mind you, this mandates little sleep)

Have a rgeat time with the little ones!

So happy for you!!

5:49 AM, March 31, 2006  
Blogger Tertia said...

Am over the moon for you. Wish I lived closer, dammit!

2:01 PM, March 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. How cute the tots are! Just loves the pics. They speak a thousand words. Thank you for sharing.

Keep the help coming. I've only got one live wire. Can't imagine having 2!

You're the best!

2:26 PM, March 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beauties!! I love the pix with the grandparents ....too cute!! Glad you had an easy nite last nite! Love, Karen (loveajax)

5:11 PM, March 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am soo thrilled for you! Such cute babies and two of them!!! Congratulations!

9:22 PM, March 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you!!! The tots are gorgeous. Hope you're getting some sleep...

Love
Gabster

12:45 PM, April 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home