We've been home 10 days
And I can't really see a pattern evolving here, people! We have one great day & night, then a tough one. Today was the first full day I was by myself, and I think the tots got sick of looking at me. Poor Carter was really unhappy for a while, and I went to change his diaper and he had a little patch rubbed raw by the stupid diaper elastic. Possibly why he was screaming for an hour and nothing helped. Cassie at first was unconcerned at his crying, and kept slurping her bottle while I tried to console him, but then the mood was contagious. I actually resorted to baby crack (aka Baby Mozart video) and that calmed them for 3 seconds. Ai, just when I was about to call in for reinforcements (actually I did call Jeff and say "what time are you coming home?!) they tuckered themselves out, napped for 30 minutes and woke up happier. Whew. This is really tough work, but I'm still enjoying it. I think when they can sit up they will be happier, able to do more activities and I won't have to hold them so much.
I hope to take a few books out of the library on sleep patterns, and scheduling of twins, so that we might be able to get them in synch with eating and sleeping. They are doing much better at going to sleep in their cribs, especially after night-time feedings. And if they are feeling well, they seem to be waking just once each, so I'm not too exhausted.
Blahblahblah, yada yada. Here are some videos, and a few pictures. Later!
Video Sharing at DropShots.com
Thursday, March 30, 2006
Saturday, April 1, 2006
Wednesday, March 29, 2006
Video Sharing at DropShots.com
I hope to take a few books out of the library on sleep patterns, and scheduling of twins, so that we might be able to get them in synch with eating and sleeping. They are doing much better at going to sleep in their cribs, especially after night-time feedings. And if they are feeling well, they seem to be waking just once each, so I'm not too exhausted.
Blahblahblah, yada yada. Here are some videos, and a few pictures. Later!
Video Sharing at DropShots.com
Thursday, March 30, 2006
Saturday, April 1, 2006
Wednesday, March 29, 2006
Video Sharing at DropShots.com
.jpg)



6 Comments:
Thanks for the update! I have been following your story and I just love the videos! Anyway, look out for their little toes in those terry-cloth jammies. One time, my son was crying for hours and come to find out a little string from the bottom of the jammy-foot was wrapped around his little toe and had cut the circulation off! I felt terrible! Just a little hint in case one of them cries for no reason! Good Luck! You two are doing a great job with them already! I can't wait to read about your adventures!
~Kim~
Erica,
Too cute, the videos are precious. Thanks for sharing.
Erica and Jeff -
Congratulations once again! The babies are absolutely adorable and Andy and I loved seeing the videos! We can't wait to see them in person.
Laurie and Andy
I just absolutely loved the video where Cassie is chewing on Carter's feet!! I can't wait to meet them on Saturday.
This last video cracks me up. I love how everytime you focus on Carter, Cass is like HEY- LOOK AT ME!
I've been following your blog for some time now, but never commented...until now... I just had to say you have a beautiful family and thank you for sharing pics and video as well as your ongoing "story". What I love the most is hearing mommy and daddy laughing at C&Cs antics - that really warms my heart. Best wishes to you and your family
Post a Comment
<< Home