Golden Boy, Fussy Girl
Wow, I've been trying to post this entry for a looong time! Has it really been 2 weeks since the last post? Crazy.
OK, we've talked about Cassie waking up repeatedly at night, haven't we? It seems to be getting worse! She was up 3-4 times a night for the last week or so. We didn't know it, but she was coming down with a cold, and she would drift off to sleep happily, only to wake up every 10-15 minutes, crying. No amount of burping her helped. We tried mylicon, infant tylenol, and baby orajel, on the offchance she was teething. I vaguely remember a time some weeks ago when she only woke up 1-2 times a night, drank a bottle, and went back to sleep.
So, thank goodness Carter is behaving so well. Ever since switching him to the Nutramigen formula, he has slept through the night, he's just wonderful. I've taken to calling him the Golden Boy (Seinfeld, anyone?!) Even when when we barged into his room one night to take the swing out to the living room for Cass, he didn't wake up. We do realize we are lucky that at least one tot sleeps through the night!
Carter now has the cold, as do I, but we seem to finally be turning the corner with Cass & her sleeping, last night she woke just ONCE, for a bottle, and then slept until 6:30 a.m.
Here are some pics of the Golden Boy at the playground:
Monday, May 22, 2006
And here are lots of other miscellaneous photos from the last few days/weeks:
Sunday, May 21, 2006
Saturday, May 20, 2006
Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing Tuesday, May 16, 2006
Monday, May 15, 2006
Sunday, May 14, 2006
There are some cute pics in that bunch, if I do say so myself!
In other news, I might have suffered a bit of baby blues over the last few days, I've just felt so helpless and inept. Can't keep the house clean, can't keep my sanity when both babies are fussy and high-maintenance, can't seem to be happy either at work or home. I think much of it was due to sleep deprivation, but honestly, parenting is HARD work. I think because I've yearned for this for so long, and was deprived of children during 5 years of miscarriages, infertility, and IVF treatments, that now that I've finally arrived at motherhood, it's terrifying me. After infertility, I feel like I have no right to complain about how hard this is, while so many infertile people out there are just dying inside. I love Cassandra and Carter fiercely, I'm totally devoted to them, yet I resent not having any time for myself or Jeff. Ugh, the emotional baggage of the infertile-turned-parent.
Enough of that, I had a lovely hot shower today, the tots are currently in a synchronized 1.5 hour morning nap, and it's a beautiful day. I'm feeling much better.
OK, we've talked about Cassie waking up repeatedly at night, haven't we? It seems to be getting worse! She was up 3-4 times a night for the last week or so. We didn't know it, but she was coming down with a cold, and she would drift off to sleep happily, only to wake up every 10-15 minutes, crying. No amount of burping her helped. We tried mylicon, infant tylenol, and baby orajel, on the offchance she was teething. I vaguely remember a time some weeks ago when she only woke up 1-2 times a night, drank a bottle, and went back to sleep.
So, thank goodness Carter is behaving so well. Ever since switching him to the Nutramigen formula, he has slept through the night, he's just wonderful. I've taken to calling him the Golden Boy (Seinfeld, anyone?!) Even when when we barged into his room one night to take the swing out to the living room for Cass, he didn't wake up. We do realize we are lucky that at least one tot sleeps through the night!
Carter now has the cold, as do I, but we seem to finally be turning the corner with Cass & her sleeping, last night she woke just ONCE, for a bottle, and then slept until 6:30 a.m.
Here are some pics of the Golden Boy at the playground:
Monday, May 22, 2006
And here are lots of other miscellaneous photos from the last few days/weeks:
Sunday, May 21, 2006
Saturday, May 20, 2006
Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing
Monday, May 15, 2006
Sunday, May 14, 2006
There are some cute pics in that bunch, if I do say so myself!
In other news, I might have suffered a bit of baby blues over the last few days, I've just felt so helpless and inept. Can't keep the house clean, can't keep my sanity when both babies are fussy and high-maintenance, can't seem to be happy either at work or home. I think much of it was due to sleep deprivation, but honestly, parenting is HARD work. I think because I've yearned for this for so long, and was deprived of children during 5 years of miscarriages, infertility, and IVF treatments, that now that I've finally arrived at motherhood, it's terrifying me. After infertility, I feel like I have no right to complain about how hard this is, while so many infertile people out there are just dying inside. I love Cassandra and Carter fiercely, I'm totally devoted to them, yet I resent not having any time for myself or Jeff. Ugh, the emotional baggage of the infertile-turned-parent.
Enough of that, I had a lovely hot shower today, the tots are currently in a synchronized 1.5 hour morning nap, and it's a beautiful day. I'm feeling much better.
.jpg)



9 Comments:
Cutie-tots! :) I love seeing all the updated pics and videos. They appear to be thriving! Now if you can just get Cass to sleep for you. We are experiencing major teething right now...fun.
Having dealt with the infertility battle myself I completely understand your feelings and I think you are 100% normal!!!
What great pictures! I admire your patience and honesty. I, too, understand those feelings . . . I have them pretty often myself! I agree with Barb about the teething . . . fun, fun, FUN :)
You have some great photos here today - as well as that video, how precious!
Hang in there! It's overwhelming for all of us. You're in the norm. Even those of us with 1 baby feel overwhelmed so I can't imagine how it feels with 2 (THE SAME AGE) and then work and home, etc. on top of everything.
I HAD to budget for a cleaning service.. or I would go mad!
Too bad we don't live closer together -- I'd bring Riley over for a play date -- she'd love the babes!
thanks for the update!
I love reading them...I almost put getting them :) as if they're for me only.
Im off to guatemala next week...and STAYING until miss emma is released from the guatemalan red tape that binds her (we arent even back in ogn yet).
nervous but excited.
Carla
Beautiful babies, I swear...they are too cute. They sound like they are doing great, and the sleeping thing will come around.
ABOUT YOU...please throw away your cape, and forget about being super mom. we all try. we all fail. FInd someone to take those babies (I am in annapolis, I CAN DO IT) and you & your husband need some quality time together. You must make that a priority. Your marriage is the base...it has to be steady & supportive. Please do not forget to take care of you. PLEASE. You deserve some much needed resy & relaxation...even if it is only for an hour or 2. DO IT. please. for me.
I'm sorry you've been a little blue but I'm sure that's totally normal and I'll be there myself fairly soon! Just because we've gone to more extreme measures than most to bring our children into our families, that doesn't mean it's any easier to get used to being a parent or that we don't have a right to feel overwhelmed sometimes! And with two tots you have double the trouble happening in your house! It sounds to me like you've handled this wonderfully and I give you so much credit for just keeping your sanity through everything!
Now I've been told on numerous occasions that boys are easier to handle than girls...Are Cass and Carter trying to prove that theory for you? Good luck with keeping Cass asleep at night and thank goodness for your "Golden Boy"!
Hi Erica!
I hope all is well. We all get the "baby blues" at some point, and your feelings are so normal. I had them with both Cassidy and Katelyn...you just feel overwhelmed...it does go away!
The babies are beautiful, I really enjoy checking in to see the latest photos!
I know you said that Cass was getting a cold, but soon you may have to just let her cry it out (assuming you have ruled out every other source of the crying!). It's a hard thing to do (and listen to), but sometimes baies have to learn how to settle themselves down. Just my two cents! Easier said than done though...believe me!
Staci
They are getting so big, I hope everyone is starting to feel better.
Parenting is the hardest job in the world Erica, and so understand to a certain extent what you are feeling.
Love that video - How funny!
Post a Comment
<< Home