LOOK OUT! The girl tot is mobile!
OK, my lovely friend Carla, who is waiting for her adorable daughter from Guatemala, has informed me that she needs more posts and pictures. As I know exactly how she is feeling, waiting to get out of PGN and go get her baby, I'm happy to oblige! After all, I lived vicariously through Kim's, Nancy's and others' blogs while waiting for Cassandra & Carter to come home. I hope Carla doesn't mind me mentioning her new website, www.adoptproud.org, which was featured today on http://mommieswithstyle.com/. Congratulations, Carla, and I hope your Adopt Proud site is a huge success!
So, yep, Cassie is crawling! She was a scooter for a while, going forward then backward, then sideways, but now she knows how to go mostly forward and get something, most often something she shouldn't play with, like the cat scratching post or the box of diaper wipes. This means more work for us, but we're proud of her progress. Carter is getting better with his neck and back strength, but still isn't rolling over. I won't obsess about it unless the pediatrician tells me to at our 6-month appointment June 12th.
I haven't taken too many photos lately, but this weekend I'll try to do better - we're going to the "5th Annual GUAPO Picnic" in Annapolis, Maryland. "GUAPO" is a group of families in the Washington DC and Baltimore MD area who have adopted children from Guatemala. Last year approximately 120 people came to the picnic! We're looking forward to meeting many families in the area. So maybe we'll have some great pics of Cassie & Carter with new friends!
OK, I'm tired, this post has taken me 2 days to write, and the tots woke up many times last night. Was there a full moon or something? Here are a few pics:
Saturday, May 6, 2006
Wednesday, May 10, 2006
Thursday, May 4, 2006
So, yep, Cassie is crawling! She was a scooter for a while, going forward then backward, then sideways, but now she knows how to go mostly forward and get something, most often something she shouldn't play with, like the cat scratching post or the box of diaper wipes. This means more work for us, but we're proud of her progress. Carter is getting better with his neck and back strength, but still isn't rolling over. I won't obsess about it unless the pediatrician tells me to at our 6-month appointment June 12th.
I haven't taken too many photos lately, but this weekend I'll try to do better - we're going to the "5th Annual GUAPO Picnic" in Annapolis, Maryland. "GUAPO" is a group of families in the Washington DC and Baltimore MD area who have adopted children from Guatemala. Last year approximately 120 people came to the picnic! We're looking forward to meeting many families in the area. So maybe we'll have some great pics of Cassie & Carter with new friends!
OK, I'm tired, this post has taken me 2 days to write, and the tots woke up many times last night. Was there a full moon or something? Here are a few pics:
Saturday, May 6, 2006
Wednesday, May 10, 2006
Thursday, May 4, 2006
.jpg)



7 Comments:
Oh they cuter every day!
I have news about the mobility my dear - she will be standing up and cruising sooner than you think! It happens fast!
And her little bro will be right behind her. I think boys are normally slower with their mobility than girls.
yikes! she is already crawling?!? My son didn't crawl until 8 months...he is still lazy at 2 years old!
And you will be in Annapolis?? So close to me, wish we could hook up! Perhaps next time?
Pictures are so cute. Makes me so happy!
wow. LOVELOVELOVELOVE.
thank Erica.
and thanks for comiserating about our kick out...
Here's to waiting for the KICK back IN
:)
have a great weekend,
Carla
Hooray for Cass becoming mobile!
Gabe didn't crawl until a week before his first birthday, so I wouldn't worry about Carter. The ped just told us not to worry as long as he was learning new things every week (which he did).
I love the pictures. They are changing so much already.
Glad I could help. :-)
Look out world! Wait until they're both all up into everything - yikes. Actually, once they start walking, I think it's easier. Takes the load of you a bit. Get a backpack for a diaper bag and then hold each of their hands as they walk, too cute. Love the black cat. I have two of them. :-)
sedning you thoughts...saw you deleted the post...theyre in my prayers as well.
Carla
GO CASS GO!!
Post a Comment
<< Home