Saturday, April 15, 2006

OMG, did I leave you with the impression that all was calm in our house?!

Because things seem to be getting more chaotic! More night-time wakings and feedings, Carter fussing in the afternoons when he used to be so calm, and just general mayhem! This might be because I'm by myself some days now, with both tots for the full day, and they are not getting as much individual attention.

We hope to find out the source of Carter's agitation on Thursday at the pediatrician, I'm going to ask that he be put on acid reflux meds of some sort, and that we try changing his formula. Poor boy! Despite being uncomfortable part of the time, Carter seems to be gaining weight, and I think Cassie is too.

They are both the loves of my life (er, aside from Jeff, of course!). I still smile at them and tear up at night when I'm feeding them. I inevitably start humming or singing a song that makes me emotional ("Our House" by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, or "Edelweiss" from the Sound of Music), and I think of how incredibly happy I am now compared to before the tots came home. We are just so lucky to have them both.

We had a great visit last week with my sister K and her daughters S and L. K was very helpful with bathtime, feeding and changing, and got to see Carter at his angelic best, and his despairing worst. I don't want to post pictures because I keep forgetting to ask K if she would mind me posting them.

Let's see... I can't think of anything else to type, I'm sure I'll have news and info after the big dr. appt. on Thursday. Here's a few pics:

Monday, April 17, 2006



Thursday, April 13, 2006



Wednesday, April 12, 2006


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor little Carter. I had to change Savanna's formula from Similac Advance to Similac Isomil (soy) so it would be easier for her to digest w/ much less stomach probs. Has done wonders. Might want to give it a try.

Yes, you definitely had a FULL life!

11:18 PM, April 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh Erica, the smiles are melting my heart! I love those babies!!

Hope you figure out what's upsetting Carter.

And it is so nice to hear how happy you are...you deserve this.

7:26 AM, April 19, 2006  
Blogger Deb said...

I've been reading your site but don't think I have commented yet and now I am going to "Tag" you. Check my site for the instructions.
And your 2 tots are adorable. Love the pics.

9:21 AM, April 19, 2006  
Blogger HollyGee said...

Your babies are sooo cute, thanks for posting more pics. I wish I lived a little closer, I would some down and help you out, it seems like you have your hands full. I'm sure you are loving every second no matter how hectic it gets:)

8:36 AM, April 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did the Dr visit go? They are getting so big. You deserve your happiness xx

7:02 PM, April 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home