Thursday, December 08, 2005

Houston, we have a tot!

God, how obnoxious I am!

Yes, we have good news for a change! Yesterday we received a referral of a little girl, and after reviewing her blood test results and doctor report, we've accepted!

Meet Cassandra Caroline, born on Thanksgiving Day!



She weighs 6 lbs. and 11 oz, and is 17.9 inches long. She was born in Mazatenango, Guatemala, and now resides with her foster mom in Guatemala City. She is only 6 days old in this picture.

We are waiting to learn who her brother will be, and the adoption agency says we should have him in several days to a week or so, it seems that it's been "raining girls" down there lately.

YEEEEEEEEEHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

16 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

Let me be the first to offer a big MAZEL TOV!! She is really cute! Thanksgiving is a good birthday. I bet you can't wait to find her brother.

1:45 PM, December 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Erica. You have a daughter! Congratulations, my friend. I am so freaking happy for you.

2:00 PM, December 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erica, I am so overwhelmingly insanely happy for you!!!! - Margie

2:59 PM, December 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations - what wonderful news! She's beautiful!

3:06 PM, December 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

How freaking exciting! I am thrilled for you!!!!

Come on little brother!!

5:37 PM, December 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Erica!! Your DD is beautiful! Here's hoping for a quick union with your DS.

Lakshmi (from ivfc)

5:56 PM, December 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SHE IS GOOORRGEOUS!!!! I'm so happy for you!! I can't wait to hear about your son! I'm throwing you BIG FAT KISSES!!

...Lisa
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

6:43 PM, December 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

soooooo verrrryyyyyyy happppppppppppy for YOU!!!!!!

6:52 PM, December 08, 2005  
Blogger Kimmer said...

Wonderful news Erica. Congratulations!!!
She's beautiful.

7:26 PM, December 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ERica, how amazing! So happy for you... she looks so sweet and peaceful. Congrats from the bottom of my heart.

iram (mari)

10:07 PM, December 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wahooooooo! (I can finally get in) - Congratulations - I can't wait to hear about her brother.

See you tomorrow - proper "celebrating" will commence.

6:31 AM, December 09, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erica, she is so beautiful. I'm so happy for you honey, god you must be just bursting. Now you just have to get that baby boy.
Congratulations!! Erin aka potatoe

1:34 PM, December 09, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Erica

I am so excited for you and Jeff. She is so beautiful. Annnd what a grand name. Much better then Merlot. Or was it Cabernet?????

7:25 AM, December 10, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erica,

I'm so happy for you-congrtatulations. You have a very beautiful little girl. How wonderful and about time!!!!!!!!!!

Liz
aka zil

7:23 PM, December 10, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erica,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
This is one of the best news that I have read in a long, long time (your anonymous but long time supporter).

RC (ivfc, md)

12:20 AM, December 11, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot believe that I somehow missed this!

Congratulations to you & Jeff on the addition of Cass to your lives! I love that you've selected these names and they sound lovely together.

She is going to be one very loved little girl!

11:41 AM, December 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home