Holy Boy! Carter's 1-month update, at last!
So, I e-mailed our agency, what, 10 minutes ago? Asking for Carter updates, and BAM! Here we are! I am SO glad we picked this agency to work with!
On January 3, Carter was one month old, and today he visited his wonderful doctor. Here are notes from the doctor:
1/11/06...this afternoon I had the opportunity to review little Carter, he has now reached 1 month of age and in the words of his caregiver has been doing very well in the time since he was seen for the first time one month ago, he is now spending gradually more time awake and starts to be aware of his surroundings...when crying he will quiet if spoken to, he shows active, symmetrical, mainly reflex movements of both arms and legs and will also move his head from side to side, when on his stomach he will lift, briefly, his chin form the bed. The caregiver tells me that this little one takes well his formula and is also receiving his ordered vitamin supplement. Upon evaluation today I found him in good health with no obvious physical or neurological abnormalities, his weight is 8 lbs 4 oz, length of 49.1 cms (19.33 inches)...



Tears of relief and happiness are streaming down my face! I was so on edge about getting our boy's update, I can't even tell you! Oh, I feel so lucky.
On January 3, Carter was one month old, and today he visited his wonderful doctor. Here are notes from the doctor:
1/11/06...this afternoon I had the opportunity to review little Carter, he has now reached 1 month of age and in the words of his caregiver has been doing very well in the time since he was seen for the first time one month ago, he is now spending gradually more time awake and starts to be aware of his surroundings...when crying he will quiet if spoken to, he shows active, symmetrical, mainly reflex movements of both arms and legs and will also move his head from side to side, when on his stomach he will lift, briefly, his chin form the bed. The caregiver tells me that this little one takes well his formula and is also receiving his ordered vitamin supplement. Upon evaluation today I found him in good health with no obvious physical or neurological abnormalities, his weight is 8 lbs 4 oz, length of 49.1 cms (19.33 inches)...




Tears of relief and happiness are streaming down my face! I was so on edge about getting our boy's update, I can't even tell you! Oh, I feel so lucky.
.jpg)



13 Comments:
He is beautiful. Oh my goodness, you have two beautiful chidren. So glad both are healthy and happy!
Amazing! He is precious!
Both of your tots are adorable!
Amazing, barb, is not the half of it. I feel blessed to even occupy the same world as a child this cute, if not the same country.
Bernie
SO sweet!!!! What a great update! Both are so adorable :) Double the excitement!!!
Aw, they are both so gorgeous! I am so glad you finally got an update, I know you were going nuts. I thought his appt was today, guess I was wrong!
He is beautiful! We haven't met but I asked you on IVFC what was a good blog to use and you let me know that blogger was good. Since then I have been lurking/watching for pics of your new baby.
I can't beleive how gorgeous those babies are. I had to come out of lurk mode to say Congradulations - all the best to you and your new family!
He is so adorable! Those pictures are great too, he looks so wide eyed and alert! What a great update! (Ok...admitting I'm extremely jealous right now while still waiting for our update...) Seeing those sweet little faces is what makes all of this worth it!
Drop dead gorgeous! I love the Cass update too - wowee!
tErica,
I also don't know you but have seen a lot of your posts from lurking on IVFC. Congratualtions - they are SO ADORABLE. I know this sounds a little stalker-ish, and of course, that's not my intent, but I think I read somewhere you might have needed some help translating docs? My husband is from Venezuela and is fluent in English and Spanish. If you get in a pinch and need something, he'd be happy to help. He's an attorney in DC and I'm a grad student in MD. My email is matteson@umd.edu
Best wishes on the adoption.
He is just so amazing Erica-they both are!
Liz
Wow!!! Those eyes!! I can't wait until all four of them are staring at you with love!!
...Lisa
They are both absolutely gorgeous!
Great updates
Erica... you have got some good looking kids! I cannot wait to spoil them to death!
Post a Comment
<< Home