Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Yay! More Cassandra Pictures!

More news! First, the foster mother coordinator in Guatemala City made a surprise visit to Cassandra's foster mom. They do this randomly, to check on conditions. All was well, and the sweet foster mom reminds me of my Great Aunt Seida, who died years ago. This visit occurred before we even knew about her, on the same day as her first doctor's visit (same day as our referral pics were taken, 11/30). Here are some pictures:



A few factoids were learned at the visit:

  • Miss Cassie drinks 2 oz. of enfamil premium formula every 2 hours.
  • She likes her bath at 7:00 P.M.
  • She goes to bed at 8:30 P.M. and sleeps on her side.
  • She wakes up every 2 hours.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Then, just this past Monday, Cassandra's birthmom had to bring her to the American Embassy doctor for DNA testing on both of them. This is done to prove that they are mother and daughter and ensure that there are no allegations of wrongdoing. Cass is 25 days old in this picture:


I hope to have more news/pictures of Carter soon. We did hear 2 days ago that he was under the weather, poor baby! He has adenovirus, which I'm told all kids get eventually, and is normally just like a respiratory infection. We hope to hear soon that he is getting better, they told me if he'd gotten worse I would already know by now.

11 Comments:

Blogger Dennise said...

She is beautiful, congratulations!!

4:55 PM, December 21, 2005  
Blogger Kimmer said...

Too cute Erica. Can't wait until she's home with you.
Hope Carter gets feeling better also.

6:19 PM, December 21, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erica, your daughter is simply divine. I bet she is just as excited to have her mama hold her. Hope Carter is on the mend quickly! xoxo Amber

8:57 PM, December 21, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wahoo for more pics. I wish we had news of Carter, but I'm sure everything is fine. I can't wait til they're together!

12:42 PM, December 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh! She is a cutie!
You got DNA done already? Man you are zipping along.
I am so thrilled that you have your referrals!!!

4:48 PM, December 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erica- Beautiful and wonderful and she's a lucky little tot to have you and your DH1 and a brother to boot!
-Margie

1:46 AM, December 23, 2005  
Blogger Kristin said...

She is so adorable! And it sounds like things are moving along really quickly! You'll have your babies in your arms soon!

12:53 PM, December 24, 2005  
Blogger Barb said...

Erica - I found you after you found me! :) Your tots are beautiful! Congratulations! I hope the process is smooth and speedy for you! I look forward to keep up with you and the little ones. :)

6:02 PM, December 26, 2005  
Blogger Mel said...

What great pics! I'm glad you're getting updates. And that's awesome the DNA is underway!

12:59 PM, December 28, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those details mean EVERYTHING -- when Charlie was in the NICU I derived so much comfort from knowing that someone was watching over him closely enough to know things that I, his mother, wasn't yet in a position to know. I'm so glad you're getting to know your daughter even before she's home.

8:08 PM, December 31, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erica, this is just incredible. Your babies are gorgeous, simply stunning. Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you both.
Erin/Potatoe

6:16 PM, January 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home