WE'RE GOING TO GUATEMALA! SOON!
Wow. I started researching how to readopt our tots a few days ago. It's very complicated, but basically the only way to claim the adoption tax credit of $10,000 per child for tax year 2006 would be to bring the tots home on a special visa, which makes them instant US citizens upon entry to the US. And this requires visiting the tots before the adoption is finalized, so...
WE'RE GOING TO GUATEMALA!!!!
We're using frequent flyer miles, and the agency gets a special hotel rate, and with two tiny babies, we ain't going nowhere except to pace the halls of the hotel, so it shouldn't be too expensive. The flight is a huge drag, we have to fly Dulles to LAX then to Guatemala City, but it will be well worth it!
We'll leave 7 p.m. on February 2nd, and arrive 5:30 a.m. on Friday the 3rd. Then we return home February 7th on a fun-filled 17-hour itinerary! This will give us 3 days and 5 hours of pure cyber twin fun and games!
Oh. My. God. What do I do now?!
WE'RE GOING TO GUATEMALA!!!!
We're using frequent flyer miles, and the agency gets a special hotel rate, and with two tiny babies, we ain't going nowhere except to pace the halls of the hotel, so it shouldn't be too expensive. The flight is a huge drag, we have to fly Dulles to LAX then to Guatemala City, but it will be well worth it!
We'll leave 7 p.m. on February 2nd, and arrive 5:30 a.m. on Friday the 3rd. Then we return home February 7th on a fun-filled 17-hour itinerary! This will give us 3 days and 5 hours of pure cyber twin fun and games!
Oh. My. God. What do I do now?!
.jpg)



6 Comments:
That is wonderful!!!
I just wish you were going a little sooner so I could meet you. We will probably be there and back by the time you get there.
Erica, angel of mercy,
mommy who through cyber-links
with God brought us together
as a family,
wherever and whenever may God Bless you,
in my mind, heart and soul.
Jeff, firm supporter of life,
Uncle Culann of Celtic design,
Cassandra and Carlos,
cyber-twins of fantastic worlds,
Pamelita inspiration
lady and Silver,
run to save souls,
bear,
all of you are laughter,
and amazing findings
of the spirit on Earth.
Inspiration.
written by "a friend" with love
Awesome! We visited Gabe when he was four months. I absolutely, whole heartedly recommend it to all adopters if they can swing it. Its hard but so so worth it. Enjoy it and have a wonderful time. If you need any tips, don't hesitate to e-mail me.
Have fun!
i thought the tax deduction was higher than 10K now? just something to look into.
we didn't do a visit trip... but would've if we could've afforded it.
have fun - guat is beautiful!
oh Erica, I can not even imagine how excited you must be. Don't forget a single detail, as I can not wait to hear all about it. What fun! But oh my goodness, you will not want to come home, I bet. Just remember you have to get things ready for when they come home, and you need to be here to do that. Oh my, I have chills...yeah!!
Amber
Hey Girl, we might be meetin' eachother! Yeah, I think the tax credit is about $10,500. If I could have afforded it I would have gone to visit Savanna too. When are you going?
Post a Comment
<< Home