Thursday, January 05, 2006

I'm going NUTS here, people!

I want to see Carter's 1-month old face SOOOOO badly. I'm not handling the waiting well at all. He should have gone to the doctor already, he turned 1-month old on the 3rd. WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

I e-mailed the agency to see if there was any other news- did Carter have DNA taken, are our powers of attorney translated and registered, etc. There is no news, the attorneys give updates every 10-12 days, so we probably won't hear much for a few days at least.

Oh, I don't know how I'm going to make it through the next few months, this is MUCH, much harder than I thought it would be. Eh, I bet you thought I was all calm and collected, just going about my business? I wish. I'm an e-mail refreshing, compulsive net-surfing crazed moron. My brain is mush, I can only think of babies. That's it. So I guess I'll talk a bit more about baby stuff, then.

We went crib shopping this past weekend and I believe we'll get two new convertible thingies, the ones that go from crib, to toddler bed, to big kid bed. Strollers are still too mind-boggling to decide on, same goes for car seats. I'm wondering if I need 4 car seats or 2 (one set for us, one for Wendy, Jeff's sister who will be daycare provider for the tots.) I forgot to check out how the damn things install in the car, but a co-worker told me about ones that release easily. Huh.

Anyway, if anyone wants to come over here and tranquilize me for a time, have at it.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girlfriend I know how you feel. Going damn near nuts myself!! I got the same type of crib for Savanna at babywhiz.com. Had the best prices and easy to put it together. I've become an internet junkie too. It's driving my poor family nuts. Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate helps the nerves but not the hind quarters. Take a deep breath, you will get through this HELL!

3:53 PM, January 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhhhh, the sound of new motherhoood. It sounds great on you! hoping the time passes quickly so you can be a mother to your babies, instead of a mother whos babies are way too far away. wish I was closer, I would love to meet for a drink...or something.

6:50 PM, January 05, 2006  
Blogger Erica said...

Hey girlelectric! Are you my long-lost friend? What's happening, my dear? We need to get together! I guess Kim called or e-mailed you?

And anonymous, sorry you're so far, too. I raise my cheap glass of merlot from a box to you! (would like to be drinking something more expensive, but you know, gotta save for the tots).

7:25 PM, January 05, 2006  
Blogger Kristin said...

Oh I'm so there with you right now! I have tried to be patient but I'm totally going nuts! At least now I have a FedEx package to track to keep my mind off of constantly checking my e-mail for updates. Too bad that sucker will be delivered tomorrow morning...then what shall I do to pass the time? Drat!

I agree, this is so much harder than I thought it would be. A few months to wait doesn't seem so bad on paper but now that I'm at the start of that wait it seems like an eternity! Hang in there, we will get through this and come out stronger women! Or more frazzled women since we'll soon have little babies to take care of too! Babies with cribs and strollers and car seats and bottles and formula...Gasp!!!

9:57 PM, January 05, 2006  
Blogger Barb said...

Ack....car seats...we are going to attempt installation this weekend! We are putting one in each car...of course I can't imagine 4 of them.

I hope you get to see Carter's little face very soon!!!

Oh...we did the convertible crib too! :)

10:09 PM, January 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erica,
They are beautiful. Carter looks a little bit like Owen. It's the American Indian I guess. I look forward to meeting them.Love and good wishes, Kim

P.S. I told Dionne and Erica

10:49 AM, January 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uhh? Sorry, that's Dionne and Joan..a little cray myself.-Kim

10:51 AM, January 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What - scrabble isn't keeping you preoccupied?

1:46 PM, January 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel. I remember it like yesterday. And people would tell me I'd "forget" the wait when Riley was home. I didn't forget the wait though, never will, but a better way to put it is that the wait is TOTALLY WORTH IT.

5:31 PM, January 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the tots are soooo cute! Congratulations and I hope your process goes super-smooth.

9:19 AM, January 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home