Splish Splash
As promised, here are the pictures from Cassandra and Carter's first baby pool experience! Carter enjoyed himself, splashing around, but Cass was a bit serious - she concentrated very hard on the water, and unfortunately tried to crawl a few times, causing her to gulp a bit of water. Oops, bad parental units!
Sunday, May 28, 2006
The weather for several days was into the 90's, it was ugly, and too hot to take stroller walks or to "snugglerize" them (put them in their Snugli carriers), so the pool really came in handy. We haven't been in it since, the weather has turned cooler. We joined the community pool this year, and we can't wait for their first big pool event! We bought two float thingies for infants, it should be quite the adventure. Jeff's sister W, who cares for the tots while we work, is a pool board member, so she is there frequently with the tots, and I'm sure everybody will know them but not us!
In other news, Cassie's cold is gone (thank goodness) but she's still a teensy bit wakeful at night. We'll ask the doc on Monday for help. Carter now has an excessive pooping problem, though it's slowed down in the last 2 days. Last Thurs-Sat he pooped about 5-6 times a day, with no other symptoms, except perhaps for more drooling and biting fingers, but heck, he does that all the time I think. So maybe he's teething? Huh, who knows! But he has been more irritable lately, needing to be held more, and not exactly going down for naps easily. Dang, the Golden Boy is downgraded to either Silver or Bronze, depending on the day.
I tried introducing some rice cereal with baby yogurt to improve the taste at our dinner time, partly to keep them occupied during the fussiest time of day, and partly to try to bind Carter up a bit, but perhaps this has added to the nighttime wakings? Tummy aches? This is guesswork at best, people! I'll switch to feeding the solids in the morning or early afternoon, I guess. So says the "Baby Whisperer" book I'm skimming.
Here are some more pictures:
Thursday, June 1, 2006
Saturday, June 3, 2006
Sunday, June 4, 2006
Sunday, May 28, 2006
The weather for several days was into the 90's, it was ugly, and too hot to take stroller walks or to "snugglerize" them (put them in their Snugli carriers), so the pool really came in handy. We haven't been in it since, the weather has turned cooler. We joined the community pool this year, and we can't wait for their first big pool event! We bought two float thingies for infants, it should be quite the adventure. Jeff's sister W, who cares for the tots while we work, is a pool board member, so she is there frequently with the tots, and I'm sure everybody will know them but not us!
In other news, Cassie's cold is gone (thank goodness) but she's still a teensy bit wakeful at night. We'll ask the doc on Monday for help. Carter now has an excessive pooping problem, though it's slowed down in the last 2 days. Last Thurs-Sat he pooped about 5-6 times a day, with no other symptoms, except perhaps for more drooling and biting fingers, but heck, he does that all the time I think. So maybe he's teething? Huh, who knows! But he has been more irritable lately, needing to be held more, and not exactly going down for naps easily. Dang, the Golden Boy is downgraded to either Silver or Bronze, depending on the day.
I tried introducing some rice cereal with baby yogurt to improve the taste at our dinner time, partly to keep them occupied during the fussiest time of day, and partly to try to bind Carter up a bit, but perhaps this has added to the nighttime wakings? Tummy aches? This is guesswork at best, people! I'll switch to feeding the solids in the morning or early afternoon, I guess. So says the "Baby Whisperer" book I'm skimming.
Here are some more pictures:
Thursday, June 1, 2006
Saturday, June 3, 2006
Sunday, June 4, 2006
.jpg)



8 Comments:
Oh, I think I know the problem with Carter.** If he's on the Nutrimigen, he may not be able to tolerate yogurt (it has the same milk proteins that most likely troubled him with the other formulas). You may want to keep him away from all dairy for some time. This is my experience with Gabe anyway.
The pictures are great by the way. Glad Cass is feeling better.
**Whoa, I got all excited thinking I could help someone. Sorry for the over enthusiasm.
Hey Erica, love the pics. I'm just starting "Baby Whisperer" too. One of many on my book shelf to read or at least skim in the next five weeks. Look forward to seeing you next week!
Cindy
Love seeing all the pics, so darn cute. Sounds like you have a little man teething over there.
ADORABLE!!! Love the pool pics :) I also love your boosters and wish I would have been that smart . . . our high chair is HUGE and takes up too much room (plus Dominic can't see over the tray!!!) Glad all is well :)
They are so cute Erica, glad Cass is feeling better. Hope Golden Boy gets his status back also, lol...
thanks again for all yourhelp and encouragement.
I so appreciate it...and you have a LOT of stuff going on there :)
love the pics.
emma calls...
Carla
I love the pics, the kids are soooo cute!
I guess what everyone says about "trial and error" in parenting is true! I'm keeping tabs on what works and doesn't work for you so hopefully it helps when my little guy finally comes home!
OMG, you've got two adorable, precious TOTS!
I LOVE THE PICS! Too cute for words. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment
<< Home